Second Skin Audio

DC M4 Elite 15 box question

KickerSlo

I have an DC M4 Elite 15 powered by an Orion 2500XTR.  My goal is to get to 150DB in a 2016 Fiesta ST.  Factory deck with one of those powered line converters. 250A alternator 2 batteries and a mountain of 1/0 wire This has proven to be quite the challenge.  So far my best is 147.7.  The box i just built was designed by Mark at Car Audio Fab.  The original port was designed for 50HZ and it did better than my last box.  I increased the port length/volume by 5" /.25cf.  And reduced my internal CF by .25 for an even 3CF  My old box got its best spl at 47HZ. After i extended i picked up another .5DB at 47HZ.  I decided to extend the port on the outside of the box 5"/.25 CF and  the DB dropped a bit but still did its best at 47 HZ.  Is 47 HZ always going to be my magic number?   Am i on the right track by lowering the CF and extending the port length?

Just for shits and grinns im going to invert the woofer and extend the port by 10"  That will lower my internal box space by .50cf from the base 3.25 with the speaker in the conventional orientation. Should be fun.

I extended the port and inverted the sub.  Sounds AWESOME! Interestingly the peak SPL was still at 47 hz but the lower frequencies are much better quality and output wise.  So that being said WTF am i doing wrong haha. I just want to hit 150DB.  Im starting to wonder if my  Mic is the issue.

Archived