I have a problem with my DD-1 and CC-1, I bought my DD-1 and CC-1 back in 2013. 

When I tried to find the max distortion on my friends headunit using my DD-1 I got the subwoofer amp measured. But when I tried to do his 4 channel amp, a Kenwood Excelon X600F my DD-1 could not measure the distortion from the headunit though this amp. For one thing I noticed that even when I tuned my amps way before my friends, my DD-1''s signal light would flicker, never stay solid. Same thing happened with my friends amps. I didn't think anything of it until  tried set the gain for my friends sub amp, an Alpine 500MRV, that showed no distortion at of the gain positions. Just to clarify I put the correct track in on the CD. For his sub amp I tried all three settings on the track just to make sure that I was not going crazy, 3,5,7. None of these made distortion light go off. But when I set the gains on my friends 4 channel, I could set the gain correctly.

To see if I did anything wrong I retuned my system after I got the weird results of my friends amps. I noticed the same thing, the signal light was always just blinking never solid, I could get it to stay solid red but if I turned it down one notch then the light went green but with the blinking.
The same thing sorta happened on my CC-1, I cant set the crossover because it never goes blue. When I set my system back in 2013 my DD-1 and CC-1 worked perfectly. Now, I have just moved from TN back to CT, I should mention that in that time frame of 2014-2019 I did not use my DD-1 or CC-1 at all, it was just sitting in my bedroom. I have changed the batteries several times on both my devices and I have also at least for the CC-1 have held the "off" button for 2 seconds to clear it but nothing has seemed to have helped. For my CC-1 when I was trying to tune the systems I was working on my CC-1 signal light was slowly blinking. I tried to turn it off, and hold for 2 seconds, that didn't work. I then just took the battery out to see if that would fix it, that didn't work.

For the subwoofer amp, both in my system and my friends system I used track 7. For both my 4 channel and my friends I used track 4.

I emailed WCCAUDIO but I never got any reply so now I am trying here.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me? I've sent emails with no response. Not sure what else to do.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

• 1 month later...

For some reason I did not get a notification when you replied. 

Anyway, I am using a Duracell 9V the normal ones.

I have not gotten any email, or response from anyone on the Discord concerning admins.

Sorry for the late reply.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Yay, customer service! 🤣

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Sorry man. I dont know what to tell you, and you say you've already emailed them. I get a response anywhere from a few hours to two days when I email [email protected]. never not received a response. Just keep trying to contact them

Its okay, thank you @reedal I will email them once more to see whats up.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

• 1 month later...

Well I figured I'd make one last attempt to get help through the forums, I've sent an email, multiple actually but never got a reply once. I was told, from a reliable source that if I emailed the support on wccaraudio then the techs had gotten my email and were looking at it. Never heard back from support and I have not heard back from the reliable source, even after dming and pinging them in a chat. 

I also sent wccaraudio an email from two different emails, both of which work and are used on a constant basis. So not total sure why I never got an answer. 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

6 hours ago, CommonSyns said:

Well I figured I'd make one last attempt to get help through the forums, I've sent an email, multiple actually but never got a reply once. I was told, from a reliable source that if I emailed the support on wccaraudio then the techs had gotten my email and were looking at it. Never heard back from support and I have not heard back from the reliable source, even after dming and pinging them in a chat. 

I also sent wccaraudio an email from two different emails, both of which work and are used on a constant basis. So not total sure why I never got an answer. 

Hey man SMD products have some of the best customer service imo. The dd-1 and cc-1 have gotten firm ware updates and likely physical component updates across the years since 2013 so I think you need to simply get them sent in for a tune up or replacement of the face plate. 

I would send your original purchase invoice to D'Amore Enginnering through their facebook and or email them as well. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DAmoreEngineering/

Also, ask about this: https://damore-engineering.myshopify.com/collections/parts-store/products/total-overhaul

I was looking on their website a while back and saw they had this tune up / total overhaul for 35$. A small price for renewing a 7 year old device :)

Best of luck!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1