So it is Saturday, and some times people do not work on Saturdays so not getting an instant response from a company is usually a fairly common thing.

How did you connect the CC-1 and or DD-1 test probes to the amp?

Sometimes with some amplifiers you must use the negative probe of the DD-1/CC-1 on the negative speaker output of the amp.
Sometimes you must use the negative probe of the DD-1/CC-1 on the negative power wire of the amp.
This really depends on the amp, the type of RCA inputs on the amp, if the amp uses a differential style rca connection, the type of class the amp maybe such as class a a/b, d, full bridge or half bridge etc.
It can vary a lot from what Ive noticed over the years tuning amps.

Also where you using the left channel or the right channel?
Sometimes it doesn't matter, sometimes you have to use the left channel or right channel. I cant remember the reasoning behind this but iirc I remember it being explained in the manual or in a post by Tony D'amore.
So try both channels!

Also make sure there are no crossovers being used on the 4 channel amp, make sure that all settings on the amplifier are set to Fullpass and not Highpass or Lowpass.
Same goes for the headunit, disable/turn off any sort of high pass filter on the head unit, turn any EQ settings to flat, and turn Bass, Midrange, and Treble to 0 or flat.

So go through the steps and try different things. Read the instruction manual because there is a lot of useful information in there.
There is no problem with the DD-1/CC-1 because you said they worked fine to do the sub amp so that leaves it to be something you are either doing wrong, or due to something with the amp that requires it to be hooked up differently.
Report back once you tried the above things I mentioned.

-Brian

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 10:28 PM, audiofanaticz said:

So it is Saturday, and some times people do not work on Saturdays so not getting an instant response from a company is usually a fairly common thing.

How did you connect the CC-1 and or DD-1 test probes to the amp?

Sometimes with some amplifiers you must use the negative probe of the DD-1/CC-1 on the negative speaker output of the amp.
Sometimes you must use the negative probe of the DD-1/CC-1 on the negative power wire of the amp.
This really depends on the amp, the type of RCA inputs on the amp, if the amp uses a differential style rca connection, the type of class the amp maybe such as class a a/b, d, full bridge or half bridge etc.
It can vary a lot from what Ive noticed over the years tuning amps.

Also where you using the left channel or the right channel?
Sometimes it doesn't matter, sometimes you have to use the left channel or right channel. I cant remember the reasoning behind this but iirc I remember it being explained in the manual or in a post by Tony D'amore.
So try both channels!

Also make sure there are no crossovers being used on the 4 channel amp, make sure that all settings on the amplifier are set to Fullpass and not Highpass or Lowpass.
Same goes for the headunit, disable/turn off any sort of high pass filter on the head unit, turn any EQ settings to flat, and turn Bass, Midrange, and Treble to 0 or flat.

So go through the steps and try different things. Read the instruction manual because there is a lot of useful information in there.
There is no problem with the DD-1/CC-1 because you said they worked fine to do the sub amp so that leaves it to be something you are either doing wrong, or due to something with the amp that requires it to be hooked up differently.
Report back once you tried the above things I mentioned.

-Brian

Well, the Saturday thing is normal, but I emailed on a Thursday, Wednesday, Monday. I only emailed recently on the 2nd of May, which is a Saturday. I do understand the Saturday email thing though. 

I connected my DD-1 and CC-1 lead's to both my amp and my friends amp. All though the speaker terminals, I tried both right output and left output of each terminal. I didn't think about using the negative power wire for my connection, I'll have to try this next time I am over at my friends house. 

As for the amps tested, I used a Skar Audio 1500.1Dv1, JL Audio JX 360/4 these amps being mine, and my friends amps, which were an Apline 500mrp and a Kenwood Excelon Gouriki Series 4 chan amp. I used the same way to tune all amps. Leads to positive speaker and negative speaker in their respective places. The crossover for the 4 channels were set to off as well as on my headunit. 

For the DD-1/CC-1 I saw that I can send them in to get calibrated, I think I will go with that option. I don't think I did anything wrong when using the DD-1/CC-1 but I am human and am not perfect. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Not all amps share a ground from the chassis to the RCA inputs or the speaker outputs, where as some amps the ground wire input is connected to the rca input to the speaker output there is no break in the signal. 

The old instructions when the first DD-1s came out you where told to use the negative power wire for the negative probe, then some where it got switched, but still some amps with tiffany style rca inputs that dont work on and you need to use the amps ground for the probe and not the negative output. 
Ive ran across this issue so many times, and Ive been using all my smd tools for years. 

I actually have the 4th DD-1 and CC-1 made before they where released publicly 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1