Can’t get the sound I’m looking for/don’t understand

PostsOnPercocet

First let me admit that I’m a novice at this stuff. I know the basics but not too much more. Also, I’m trying to stay on a smallish budget. 

here is what I don’t understand. I have a 2019 Chevy Malibu. All stock. No premium sound or anything like that. Now obviously....obviously I’m not saying the thing shakes the Heavens but I was shocked by how much bass the stick speakers produce (no factory sub). Completely shocked. 

Now my 2002 F150 supercrew has four 6x8’s. One in each door. First I started out by dynomatting the shit out of the inside of the doors. Then I covered the big holes and as many of the small holes as I could. 

then I installed Cerwin Vega 7683’s and I run then with an Autotek 1000 watt 4 channel amp. I know, I know, but small budget here lol. 

now don’t get me wrong they are loud and sound good but they don’t have anywhere near the bass my Malibu does. 

I know most bass should be coming from my two 10’s but it would be nice to have all of that mid bass. 

it’s not my crossovers, I’ve checked those. What an I missing?  

sorry if this is incredibly stupid, it’s just kind of baffling. 

Sorry, didn't see that what HU you said.  It all starts from the sourse and then the install with a little bit of EQ-ing and  a system should sound pretty good if done right.  Thats the simple answer but truefully after being obsessed for the last decade i am still trying to build the perfect system. lol 

Research HU,  buy one, replace, tuned & enjoy. 

7 hours ago, PostsOnPercocet said:

My lack of mid bass. I don’t understand why my amped 6x8’s in my (mostly) done up doors don’t even come close to the stuck stuff in the Malibu 

I'm sure the dealer picked/designed their speakers with the proper qts,fs & vas for those type of vehicles, you can get a ton of clean bass out of 5x7 - 6x9 drivers if done correctly. 

Archived