so, a couple things.  first, nice equipment!  second, get a proper box made for that sub, i cant imagine it enjoys being in such a small box.  third, maybe it was just for testing but it looks like your 2nd amp ground and battery ground are a smaller gauge wire than the red stuff, if so change that out immediately to a matching gauge to the power runs unless you want the magic smoke from your amp.

also, when you get the proper enclosure built, doing sub and port forward and then sealing off the rest of the trunk opening will net you the most volume gains in cabin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second that the box looks to small.  

Here in my single 12" enclosure, ported & tuned to 33 hz, double baffle w/ bracing.  It is a Joe X design who is a member on here that helped tons of people with their enclosure designs.  14"h x 14" d x 36.5" w    Port is 2.75" w 12.5 H   Sub is a 2012 RF T1D2 12" , enclosure was design for 1k of power but in the new build it will grt a RF T1500.1db @ close to 2K.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, bmwking said:

so, a couple things.  first, nice equipment!  second, get a proper box made for that sub, i cant imagine it enjoys being in such a small box.  third, maybe it was just for testing but it looks like your 2nd amp ground and battery ground are a smaller gauge wire than the red stuff, if so change that out immediately to a matching gauge to the power runs unless you want the magic smoke from your amp.

also, when you get the proper enclosure built, doing sub and port forward and then sealing off the rest of the trunk opening will net you the most volume gains in cabin

Thank u very  much!!

yeah i got that box just to have some bumps while im making the 8cu box plans up. couldnt resist having that amp and stuff and not using it at all lol

ahh yeah i see that in pic now. all the wire is the same size. its just that weird angle and some of it is OFC, ground and bother powers to the batt. that i got from a car audio shop near by, needed a little bit more then the kit had that i got.

Yeah i been looking around for more pics and install pics of people who did a trunk seal off. the opening in this car is perfect for it. i have never built one like that.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

20 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

I second that the box looks to small.  

Here in my single 12" enclosure, ported & tuned to 33 hz, double baffle w/ bracing.  It is a Joe X design who is a member on here that helped tons of people with their enclosure designs.  14"h x 14" d x 36.5" w    Port is 2.75" w 12.5 H   Sub is a 2012 RF T1D2 12" , enclosure was design for 1k of power but in the new build it will grt a RF T1500.1db @ close to 2K.

spacer.png

Sweet thanks! Soon as search feature works again ima look up that guy

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

56 minutes ago, MichiganBumps said:

Thank u very  much!!

yeah i got that box just to have some bumps while im making the 8cu box plans up. couldnt resist having that amp and stuff and not using it at all lol

ahh yeah i see that in pic now. all the wire is the same size. its just that weird angle and some of it is OFC, ground and bother powers to the batt. that i got from a car audio shop near by, needed a little bit more then the kit had that i got.

Yeah i been looking around for more pics and install pics of people who did a trunk seal off. the opening in this car is perfect for it. i have never built one like that.

no worries!

8 cubes sounds massive for a single sub!  make sure you get a proper design before you start buying wood and making cuts!

What are your max dimensions?  sub rms power handling?  rms of the amp you'll be putting on it?

@Joe X  maybe you can help?

42 minutes ago, bmwking said:

no worries!

8 cubes sounds massive for a single sub!  make sure you get a proper design before you start buying wood and making cuts!

What are your max dimensions?  sub rms power handling?  rms of the amp you'll be putting on it?

@Joe X  maybe you can help?

oh yeah for sure. I am going to be cutting cardboard, and using that to easier find visual space i can use. (ima visual guy like that lol) but i did do measurements and i can fit a slide in box of 8cu with room left in truck. so my guess i think im going to be able to do a build in, around 10, depends on where ima put the amp and battery with that sorta install.

It's a 15" dual 1ohm TeamRF sub, i had 2 before with one T30001BD (before they were so under rated and became the T40001BD's) on each running daily at .5 and burping at .25 but the amp im using now is for daily, 2 ohm, so around 2800w RMS right now. 

THANKS for the Tagging, didnt know u could do that.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Just got done doing the big 3. Was really easy, went to toyota forums and found some people who located all of them/suggestions used. Didnt get more pics cause got cold af here in michigan, and dark. all OFC 0awg. the chassis ground will be changed also, the first pic. was a spot recommended but i wanna find some where better I think. Even tho its a huge improvement. U can see the ground i WAS using, just left it there, ever sell the car or take it out, i know where the proper ground is

I must say, I can HEAR the difference. Wish i would of checked volts before and after tho still. Now just need to get my 320a Alt :)❤️

IMG_20200207_174243680.jpg

IMG_20200207_174303675.jpg

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived