• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://i.imgur.com/5KcsGCj.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/fJWEQxU.mp4

was cleaning out the car, from mdf dust blow out lol and figured id snap this real quick. :D

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

Needs Bracing in the corners for strength and deflect the sound waves, a round over bit on the port boards will help with sound, Wouldn't hurt to put a 1 1/8" doweling rod from front baffle to port and possible on the other side of the port. Front could have used a double baffle.  I would counter sink all screws so you can have a smooth surface all around to finish the outside as nice as possible.  The resin for the inside is unless without the proper bracing.

Not trying to be a dick or negative just giving solid advice that most have learned on here.  I am almost certain your box is flexing and over time will fall apart.

I am glad it sound good, i know with the bracing and round over port edges it would sound better.

Yeah the corners for sure, if it wasn't such a big box I'd say don't worry about anything else but at 4 cubes that's alot of unsupported board lol. That 15 gonna beat the seams out of it unless u brace it up good.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

4 hours ago, bmwking said:

no bracing inside the box?

not yet, ran outta time. this weekend ill be putting in terminal, resin, and bracing, and hopefully do the outside.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

3 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Needs Bracing in the corners for strength and deflect the sound waves, a round over bit on the port boards will help with sound, Wouldn't hurt to put a 1 1/8" doweling rod from front baffle to port and possible on the other side of the port. Front could have used a double baffle.  I would counter sink all screws so you can have a smooth surface all around to finish the outside as nice as possible.  The resin for the inside is unless without the proper bracing.

Not trying to be a dick or negative just giving solid advice that most have learned on here.  I am almost certain your box is flexing and over time will fall apart.

I am glad it sound good, i know with the bracing and round over port edges it would sound better.

yeah i hear ya, thanks! I just ran outta time, and didnt wanna drive around all week with no bumps, lol i didnt think about the port edges tho, good reminder, thanks again!

Not at all, its been 10+ years since i built a box. kinda rushed this one cause was excited, but will hopefully have it finished up this weekend.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

So examples:

spacer.png

All screw holes counter sunk. Dowel rod position marked on double baffle next to sub cutout.

spacer.png

Round over ports.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There is a 1 1/8" dowel rod about 3" away from sub cut out.

spacer.png

12" RF T1 D2 on 1k.  Doing a rebuild on this car and bumping up to 2k for headroom.

Take pics of your bracing and update.  Again in my opinion the resin is a waste of time compared to proper bracing.  If you glued all joints that should be more than enough, If you think you need a bead of glue or caulking i would go that route.

Man thats nice lol

Next box will be more so like that, i literallyl have no room to do a baffle now on outside, im going to end up having to add wood bracing on inside, or maybe a rod thru side to side and front to back. with angles on inside.

Very nice job dude

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Thank you sir.  You could do a baffle on the inside of the enclosure.  You are definitely on the right track with the bracing.

With this enclosure i build i had to take the back panel of the trunk trim & the latch off to get it in and out. just a suggestion.

Archived