22 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Thank you sir.  You could do a baffle on the inside of the enclosure.  You are definitely on the right track with the bracing.

With this enclosure i build i had to take the back panel of the trunk trim & the latch off to get it in and out. just a suggestion.

yeah i thought about taking those out. ordering a SMD terminal, so i can wire 2ohm and .5 easier, cause this thing is a TIGHT fit. whats urs tuned too again?

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MichiganBumps said:

yeah i thought about taking those out. ordering a SMD terminal, so i can wire 2ohm and .5 easier, cause this thing is a TIGHT fit. whats urs tuned too again?

My enclosure i a Joe X design( member on here that helped others)  Tuned to 33 hz, i listen to a wide verity of music and now into SQ instead of SPL.  My build log is on here 2012 Malibu build, check it out sometime.  I am doing layout on plywood for Spare tire battery tray(limitless Lithium 25 ah $900 battery with a XS Power D3400 upfront, stock alt @ 150 amps but will upgrade this summer)  I spent $7k last summer buying up tools, wiring, Leds , DSP,  HU,  ect.

I too have the SMD speaker terminal,  subs @ 1 ohm.

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

My enclosure i a Joe X design( member on here that helped others)  Tuned to 33 hz, i listen to a wide verity of music and now into SQ instead of SPL.  My build log is on here 2012 Malibu build, check it out sometime.  I am doing layout on plywood for Spare tire battery tray(limitless Lithium 25 ah $900 battery with a XS Power D3400 upfront, stock alt @ 150 amps but will upgrade this summer)  I spent $7k last summer buying up tools, wiring, Leds , DSP,  HU,  ect.

I too have the SMD speaker terminal,  subs @ 1 ohm.

was thinking about getting that d3400. for the back and putting the d1200 under hood.

i did just order this tho https://www.wccaraudio.com/mini-bass-meter-2.html

and https://www.wccaraudio.com/2-channel-terminal-grade8.html

also placing my order for the HO ALT right now.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

33 minutes ago, MichiganBumps said:

was thinking about getting that d3400. for the back and putting the d1200 under hood.

i did just order this tho https://www.wccaraudio.com/mini-bass-meter-2.html

and https://www.wccaraudio.com/2-channel-terminal-grade8.html

also placing my order for the HO ALT right now.

Damn those SPL meters are spendy, That SMD speaker terminal is nice and at a super good price point.  Now do you have a way to set your gains properly?  SMD DD-1+  is the best tool IMO  I bought my back in 2012 for setting gains in my Lancer build .

16 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Damn those SPL meters are spendy, That SMD speaker terminal is nice and at a super good price point.  Now do you have a way to set your gains properly?  SMD DD-1+  is the best tool IMO  I bought my back in 2012 for setting gains in my Lancer build .

I have a clamp and multi-meter tthat dd-1 tho is pretty nice!

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Couple quick pics of that build. It's my work car.

spacer.png

Front Stage.  8" p3 subs in the kicks for midbass & 2 T2 6.5" midrange, w/ a T3 tweeter.

spacer.png

Substage: 2 Sound Qubed HDS 310"s  1200/2400 max on wattage.

spacer.png

2 Kenetic Energy 1800 battery's w/ a Singer 220 amp alt.

spacer.png

I was running RF Power Series amps, but i pulled them for the Malibu(T1500.1 & T1 400-4)  These are budget friendly Sound Qube amps(2250 watts on subs & 850 for 8" in kick panels up front.

spacer.png

I swapped out my Power Series amps for Punch Series,  These are raised up 3/4" from the floor for cooling & spills. 2 P500-4's 

spacer.png

Rear fill speakers are now RF T1 6.5"( i will never do amplified rear speakers again, not work the expense)

spacer.png

The power plant to run the stereo system lol.  

I got a couple but like you said you can't really get a feel of the sound.  It gets loud as fuck. This car is deadened about 85% but not as good of materials.

Little update while stuff is being made/transit. Went and got some Wrap for the box.

QCzxBQS.jpg

Will match the Alt perfectly! :D can't wait

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Flex https://imgur.com/gallery/U1gHCYX

Gf texted and said the vagina model, was rattling and doc was complaining to nurses not knowing what it was if was their heater acting up lol a old man walls by when I turned it down and goes, ayeeeee turn it up and started dancing lmao 🤣👍💪

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Archived