Second Skin Audio

Looking for subs for friends build.

Scotnemily

Thanks I'll check those out too. There are so many 8" subs out there. I have heard none in person so it makes it a little harder to pick some for someone else :) 

Yeah he will of course. But I need to narrow it down. I want to give him a few options a low cost maybe the American bass 8” a couple of mid range like the CT sounds or sundown something like that. Then more expensive like b2 audio or maybe DD.

Ok here is a List. I have been narrowing it down. I am still open to input, but this is where i am right now. below I have broken them down by price. this does not mean one from one group is better than the other because it cost more. it is just how I broke it down.

Tier 1 subs:

$77.00     American Bass Usa XD 8"  <------------- Ok the one pictured on Amazon was the VFL Comp. Not sure about the XD 8" thought it was odd it was so cheap...
$89.99     SAVARD Speakers HiQ Series 8"
$99.00     SoundQubed HDS2.1 8"

Tier 2 subs:
$129.99     DB DRIVE WDX8 3K WDX 8"
$169.99     Ampere Audio-2.5 RVE 8" 800w RMS Subwoofer
$169.99     F8L 8" 650w RMS Subwoofer by SSA®
$179.95     CT Sounds Meso 8

Tier 3 subs:

$204.99     DC Audio Level M3 8 8" 600w Subwoofer
$206.84     Sundown Audio SA-8 V.3
$289.99     Sundown Audio X-8 Series
$300.00     B2 Audio 8" (XM)
$A.Lot!       DD Z2.5

Out of the list above I am thinking the American Bass for Tier 1, Ct sounds Meso for Tier 2, and Tier 3 I have no clue yet, but leaning to the Sundown x-8 or the B2 XM 8". I am sure the ones in each tier I left out are good, but for one reason or another they are being ruled out, unless I get enough people saying I shouldn't...

On 1/31/2020 at 2:44 PM, Scotnemily said:

Ok here is a List. I have been narrowing it down. I am still open to input, but this is where i am right now. below I have broken them down by price. this does not mean one from one group is better than the other because it cost more. it is just how I broke it down.

Tier 1 subs:

$77.00     American Bass Usa XD 8"  <------------- Ok the one pictured on Amazon was the VFL Comp. Not sure about the XD 8" thought it was odd it was so cheap...
$89.99     SAVARD Speakers HiQ Series 8"
$99.00     SoundQubed HDS2.1 8"

Tier 2 subs:
$129.99     DB DRIVE WDX8 3K WDX 8"
$169.99     Ampere Audio-2.5 RVE 8" 800w RMS Subwoofer
$169.99     F8L 8" 650w RMS Subwoofer by SSA00ae.png
$179.95     CT Sounds Meso 8

Tier 3 subs:

$204.99     DC Audio Level M3 8 8" 600w Subwoofer
$206.84     Sundown Audio SA-8 V.3
$289.99     Sundown Audio X-8 Series
$300.00     B2 Audio 8" (XM)
$A.Lot!       DD Z2.5

Out of the list above I am thinking the American Bass for Tier 1, Ct sounds Meso for Tier 2, and Tier 3 I have no clue yet, but leaning to the Sundown x-8 or the B2 XM 8". I am sure the ones in each tier I left out are good, but for one reason or another they are being ruled out, unless I get enough people saying I shouldn't...

So teir 1 I would say the soundqubed

Teir 2 the F8L or the AA

Teir 3 the B2 or the X8

The DC really should be in teir 2. As should the SA. 

I have never heard the SA8s but I'm just not a Sundown fanboy. I'm sure my F8Ls are on the same level or better as the SA8s. I think they are a in between the SA and the X.

The ampere appear to be extremely similar to the F8L but I couldn't get any information out of them like physical specs. So I chose the F8Ls. 

I wouldn't mind trying the B2s but I'm not paying that much for 8s lol

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Thanks. those tiers are by price only. going by that a tier 1 can be better then a tier 3. I just had to break it down somehow...

i know from personal experience the meso 8s get down and love power.  did a build for a buddy's truck with 2 on 2k rms, setup with a dd1 and not accounting for box rise.  those things fucking slammed.

i have a dc m3 8 as my computer sub on low power and it gets down too.  

I know the F8Ls are something special too.

dont forget about the american bass VFL 8, they get it too.

out of all your choices i'd get either the F8L or the Meso, based on price to performance.  setup correctly with a very accurately built enclosure for the power and tune, i wouldn't hesitate to send a clean 5k to 4 of either

Gotta put my input in. The hds2.108s are super budget priced and worth twice thier price. My 4 cracked my front window on 3k, and sold em to my buddy with same truck and cracked his window on 2k lol...they dig deep and play nice clean and loud. And $89 a piece, don't mind over powering either

Sorry shitty potatoes phone can't record anything like it is in person. They were still tight them too, last month I had em the REALLY got down. A few more videos on my utube channel too

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Good to know Thanks! I honestly have my doubts if he will actually purchase anything. he says he is serious and wants it. I know he has the money. I think he wants me to buy all of his stuff do it for him and he will pay me at some point. Already been there and done that with people before on equipment I had. Not going to happen. Thanks for the help guys. I am tempted to buy some and build something for myself. I could always make a removable amp and box for my 2012 Yukon. Denali :) BTW the Yukon is called Chuck Norris. :) 

Archived