Sundown Audio

Amp getting hot.

d-nice88

Want to see if I've made a mistake somewhere. Can some one help me out ? My skar 4 ch amp gets hot quick with in a few seconds of playing and goes into protect. I have a kenwood excelon deck with signal going from that to an audio control bass epicenter then from there to a clarion eq then finally to the amps in the back. I have some rigged up stuff going on with the way I have my speakers set up. I have a set of mid bass speakers hooked up to ch. 3 n 4. 1 n 2 I have hooked up to a set of components. Here's where the rigged up part comes into play. I also have a set of super tweeters hooked up in the passive cross over with the other tweets from the component set. On the cross over it has 0db + -3db+ and -6db+ Tw - then for the mid its W+ W- and input + -. I have the tweets hooked up to + -3db and Tw- and then the super tweets hooked up to + 0db and Tw-. That's how the passive cross over is wired up on ch. 1 n 2. Could that be my issue ? Is that making the impedance too low causing it to get hot? I haven't made an amp go into protect in a long time so I'm just trying to find out if that could be my issue or something else. Voltage is good going to the amp. Seeing 14 v when the car is on and 12.8 when the cars off. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Archived