Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for Deaf Bonce DB-SA412

image91

Good day all, working on a second project at the moment. An interchangeable enclosure for my system. A single Deaf Bonce DB-SA412. Was previously using a 2.25 ft^3 net enclosure, 40 in^2 port area, tuned to 30 Hz. Just altered an older enclosure to a 3.0 ft^3 net, 46 in^2 port area, tuned to 30 Hz. The larger enclosure is sounding more the way I'd like while at the same time using a fair amount lower setting on the sub level. My problem at the moment is, the sub is moving a lot more than it was before, to the point that i don't think it's safe. Then again I worry a lot, sometimes for no reason. I'm going easy on it & monitoring it but will definitely have to design something somewhere in the middle in terms of net volume. Was considering maybe 2.6 - 2.75 ft^3, & does anyone have any inputs on the port area? Should i go up a bit more? Stay at the 40 in^2? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Awfully quiet around here =(

Found a way to alter enclosure without doing too much cutting down. Plan to increased port area to 50 in^2 which is a bit more close to the suggested minimum from Triticum's port area calculator. Lengthened port slightly to 44" which I was told I should try to not cross. These two things dropped the net volume to 2.75 ft^3 & raised tuning to 31 Hz which sounds pretty good. 

Any suggestions, comments or advice before I implement the modifications? 

Thanks. 

I would really love to see it once it is done. I really want to try the DB-SA312 subs the 412 are way overkill for me. I am happy with my American bass bubs but would love to hear some Deaf Bonce subs.

Archived