Mechman 240 voltage drop

i purchased a Mechman 240 for my 2002 blazer awhile ago for a system i've been procrastinating finishing up but did install the alt . so its not getting much load, just oem draw on it but when i plug in my usb battery reserve (to charge cell phone's and such) my voltage drops .2-.3 volts as my voltage is otherwise steady at 14.2-14.3 so its dropping to 14-14.1 , is that normal??? i do have the big 3 done with knu fleks 1/0 . thanks for any advise as i'm concerned for when i do finally get around to hooking up my amps (Orion XTR1500DZ & Orion XTR500.4) that there might be an issue.  

4 hours ago, CrackFactory said:

Where does the voltage meter measure from? Does it run all the way to the battery? Or is it tapped to the cigarette lighter that you are using for your charger?

cigarette lighter (stinger plug in volt meter)

download (4).jpg

10 hours ago, toyonbags said:

cigarette lighter (stinger plug in volt meter)

download (4).jpg

wouldn't say this is the most reliable volt checking device, might even just be checking voltage of ur socket, for whatever u have plugged into it.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

i guess i'll wait till my amps are hooked up and install the regular stinger volt meter i also have and hook it up to front battery (Odyssey 1500) and that way i can get a more accurate reading of my voltage , thanks for the replies !

Archived