Sonic Electronix

Questions about SMD's Lexus IF setup ???

So I was watching some old vids, and I was quite surprised, and thrown completely off by the X-over points in this diagram ??? It would be great if the man himself would explain (but I know he super busy, so if somebody else knows, that's cool too) why does he has the 8" midbass drivers set to grab the same frequency as the subs, from 80 hz down, and then the mids coming all the way down to meet them at 80 hz ? 

I mean, I'm sure it sounds ef'ng awesome... I mean, its SMD, so that goes without saying. I just always thought it would be like (In my own setup) the sub grabbing 80hz and down, the mid bass grabbing 80-300 hz, and my mids /highs grabbing 300 hz and up (or something very similar to this) as I had always heard that overlapping of signals between say subs and mid bass, or, mid bass and mids, would cause lots of funky cross cancellations and such ? No ??? What is going on with Steve's IF X-over points ?

Have I been adjusting my stuff wrong the whole time ?

Untitled.jpg

No idea but it sounds amazing!!! Love hearing that almost vault like silence when he shuts those doors and trunk!!! #SecondSkinForTheWin #TeamSecondSkin 

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Archived