Sundown Audio

How many amp hours needed for around 6000 watts?

Dragonsyph

Orderd the new sundown SALT 4 amp that dynos for almost 6000 watts at 1ohm.

I have an xs power 3400 under the hood, and an xs power 3100 in the rear, also have a Mechman elite 370 with two 1/0 runs of power to the back.

My question is how much ah do you guys recommend for 6000 watts?  Is what I have enough or do you guys think I need more battery’s or a cap bank?   And is two 1/0 runs enough?

Not sure how much amps this new amp pulls, ill watch some of the videos and see if he says.

i also think my fuses are to big, using 300 amp fuses, was thinking of going to 250.   

From the xs power 3100 in the back do you think I need dual inputs for a total of 4 power and 4 neg to the amp are is just two of each ok?  It’s only about 1-2 feet from the battery.

and what size fuses would you use right before the amp?  Quad fuse holder to amp.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I run 6k to the sub and 1.2k to the mids and highs. I have a 240 amp alternator, group 31 under the hood and 2 smsagm220 in the back. I stay in the mid to upper 13s at full tilt. Fuse between the batteries at the rating of the wire and from the rear battery to the amp at the amps recommendation

Archived