Second Skin Audio

American Bass VFL-8 Box design

Scotnemily

That isn't 100% decided. Between 2k and 4k is the plan. I might end up just using 2 and not 4. if that is the case the power will drop. I doubt I go to crazy since I have the 12"s in the Other car. If the 2 sound good, I might just stop there... I was planning on 4, but the more I think about it, the more I am starting to think 2 8"s might be enough...

I have a single hds2.108 on 500 watts in a customers Xterra . In a cube tuned to 35hz 22in2 port area and it does a damn good job on the lows , shakes rear view and side mirrors and it's just softening up ( put it in day after Xmas) , 2 will really be enuff for most ppl, but 4 will get louder than your xrs , especially in a big suv. 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Ok thanks. Honestly my wife drives the Yukon 90% of the time so the subs are for my that 10% I got such a good deal on 4 of them, I didn't give enough thought to if I should even do it lol.

I will probably have 2 for sale. :) I wish I could afford to keep the others and sell them. I could build a few boxes and sell them local ect. Just don’t have the time xtra money for 10 of these. Right now I only had to pay for 4 of them. That will change if they don’t go back.

9 hours ago, Scotnemily said:

LOL yeah the problem I was having with the BAP is length. I have to have a 90 degree bend in it...

So buy a big ass port and a 90. Pretty sure BAP uses SDR 35 pipe. Not sch 40. It's much cheaper.

I think my long radius 6" sdr 35 90° was like $16 at a supply house. Not bad at all. And with a very oddball shape box, it was easier to use a aero than a slot in my scenario.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Pvc was the only thing I found local. I will be honest I only checked a few stores. I will  check on that other pipe. Thanks

9 hours ago, Scotnemily said:

Pvc was the only thing I found local. I will be honest I only checked a few stores. I will  check on that other pipe. Thanks

Yea they are both pvc. Both white too. But the 1 is thinner than the sch 40.

Any chance you could do 2 6"? It is easier to source 6" locally. Check plumbing supply house and definitely try to find the long radius 90. It's a longer smoother bend. Also you can flare the thinner 6" yourself. 

Just worried about the long skinny slot port. They work, done them before, but they are terribly inefficient.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

I will try to find something this weekend. Not sure if I am going to get to do much though. I managed to do something to my back yesterday. Not sure what, but I can barely  walk today. Hopefully it changes or I won’t be doing much.... I’ll keep updating as I go 

Ok I think this is what I am doing for the temp test box.

subs and slot port on front baffle. Box outer dims.

34” wide 11” tall 18.50” deep

port is 9.5” tall by 3.5” wide, and about 46” long. I might start on it tomorrow. It will have a dual baffle and some bracing. I’ll post pics as I go.

Archived