159.72dB outlaw @34hz - no-wall - OBS Suburban - 6 Crossfire XT3 15s - Crossfire 16k @ .35

So, I ended up pulling the entire interior while I had the box out.  I found a ton of wild wiring, and a bunch of peel and seal haha.  I have a couple gallons of 8 pound pour foam, a bulk pack of sky high deadener, and a bunch of little odds and ends on the way.  Time to beef up this cabin a lot more!

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Holy shit, it's been a minute since I updated this.  The whole cabin has been deadened/foamed/repaired, and it's actually stayed intact for a couple weeks.  With the amp wired up at .75, it's now doing 157.4dB sealed on the dash at 32hz, and 158.1dB window down on the dash at 34hz.  Stay tuned for new numbers, as I just shrank the box some to try and align tuning frequency with cabin peak a little more.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

On 5/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, crazydoublekick said:

So, I got some major testing in yesterday with the Crossfire 16k in.

Best numbers wired at .75 ohm:

157.49dB door open on the dash at 34hz

158.45dB door open in the kick, also at 34hz

The 16k clamped 15kw at 2.8 ohms at 15v when metering these scores.

Best numbers wired at .35 ohm:

158.79dB door open on the dash at 34hz

159.72dB driver window down, mic in kick at 34hz

The 16k clamped 23kw at 1.1 ohm at 14.7v when metering these scores.

All of these scores were measured with the driver's side c-pillar ripped and back side window basically falling out (gorilla taped together).  I can't wait to shrink the box a little bit and repair the cabin, then meter again!  I know she has 160s in her, even at lowish frequencies like these!  

Wow that's impressive for 1.1 ohm. This is literally my dream amp. I've been considering picking one of these up and wiring to .35 as my lowest rise is at 29hz rising from .67 to 1.39. Nice numbers and thank you for the clamp specs! I was reading one of your previous posts talking about only wiring to .35 for burps... You don't think you could get away with wiring .35 for music? Have you checked rise on other frequencies? Just curious.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:08 AM, markcrnll said:

Wow that's impressive for 1.1 ohm. This is literally my dream amp. I've been considering picking one of these up and wiring to .35 as my lowest rise is at 29hz rising from .67 to 1.39. Nice numbers and thank you for the clamp specs! I was reading one of your previous posts talking about only wiring to .35 for burps... You don't think you could get away with wiring .35 for music? Have you checked rise on other frequencies? Just curious.

So, since all of this, I had my 16k pop while wired at .35 for burps.  I wouldn't recommend wiring it that low.  That being said, with more testing and such, I've gotten it to a 158.1 on the dash at 34hz while wired up at .75.  I haven't bothered to check rise on other frequencies yet.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

65ah Cmax bank

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, crazydoublekick said:

Aaaaand, this thing is walled now with 8 XT3 15s in a giant 6th. I may post a build log of that as well.

Here's to hoping you do 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived