Need help with deck asap

So I have a jvc 840. What happening is the audio play and the  screen cut out the letter and number but the background stays. When that happen the sound cut off. How I fix it? I know it might be a bad connection from the screen to the back how I clean it and adjust it. Seem like it loose connection  I pressed the top left and played fine. Is there any way to adjust or make a tighter connection?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Sorry I would probably have to see it in person to come up with a way to tighten the connection. You could try to clean the contacts (if it has them) with some rubbing alcohol. Wouldn’t take much. Try putting a little on a q-tip or something similar. Make sure not to leave any pieces of what ever you use to wipe it stuck in the contacts.

sorry not much help, but at least you know you are not being ignored :) 

7 hours ago, Scotnemily said:

Sorry I would probably have to see it in person to come up with a way to tighten the connection. You could try to clean the contacts (if it has them) with some rubbing alcohol. Wouldn’t take much. Try putting a little on a q-tip or something similar. Make sure not to leave any pieces of what ever you use to wipe it stuck in the contacts.

sorry not much help, but at least you know you are not being ignored :) 

Thanks man that worked for a lil while.. it when I turn the bass up or driving on freeway with bumps the connection seem to be loose left side. I'll try find a pic

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

does the face fold down or come all the way off? Or both? I haven't looked up the model number yet. I was wondering if you could put some double sided tape on the back. It might be enough to hold it in place. I will look up that radio and see if I can think of something else.

30 minutes ago, Scotnemily said:

does the face fold down or come all the way off? Or both? I haven't looked up the model number yet. I was wondering if you could put some double sided tape on the back. It might be enough to hold it in place. I will look up that radio and see if I can think of something else.

Also read my other comments it pop in place from the top then click in place on the bottom which can pop out later from the. bottom that how you remove it. There a button on the very  bottom

Archived