Need help with deck asap

looking at the picture, it looks like you might be able to very gently squeeze the contacts on the radio (not the screen) with tweezers to have them make a little better connection. It wont help with what I imagine is worn plastic, but it might help it make better contact. Short of trying something like hot glue and hold it in place until it sets I don't really have another idea I think would work, besides a layer (maybe a few until you get the right thickness) of double sided tape. They make super strong velco. I once fastened a 42" lcd tv to a wall with it until I got a mount in the mail. But not only is it probably too thick, there is a very small amount of movement in that type of fastener. enough that it might not work even if it would fit, which i don't think it will.

10 minutes ago, Scotnemily said:

looking at the picture, it looks like you might be able to very gently squeeze the contacts on the radio (not the screen) with tweezers to have them make a little better connection. It wont help with what I imagine is worn plastic, but it might help it make better contact. Short of trying something like hot glue and hold it in place until it sets I don't really have another idea I think would work, besides a layer (maybe a few until you get the right thickness) of double sided tape. They make super strong velco. I once fastened a 42" lcd tv to a wall with it until I got a mount in the mail. But not only is it probably too thick, there is a very small amount of movement in that type of fastener. enough that it might not work even if it would fit, which i don't think it will.

It only the left side first 2. If I push on the same side on the faceplate it will play fine. The letter and number reappear

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

11 minutes ago, Scotnemily said:

How or where I put hot glue since the space is super tight? 

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

If you try hot glue I would put some on the back of the radio face where you have to push to make it work. while the glue is still melted you can put the face in place and hold it a few minutes to make sure it is set. I mentioned hot glue because you should be able to still pop it loose if you need or want. it would require re gluing if you do, but wouldn't be permanent like other types of adhesives. you will want enough glue to make sure it is getting squeezed a little to spread, just don't go crazy with it. Ideally you want to use the least amount that will work. Not knowing what that is you might have to try a couple of times. Or you might get it your first go. the tape might be easier to start with. if it works, then no reason to mess with the glue...

Archived