Cheap @ss batteries, whats wrong with these ???

19 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

I remember way back I learned from a battery guy, that you could buy a generic version of the Odyssey battery for like $129. Used one of those in my trucks for quite a long time. It was a great battery but then my truck developed that slow drain, and I wasn't using the truck much then. Killed that battery dead, and that's when I started using these Walmart cheapies.

Damn, what truck do you have?

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Hey guys btw, about that Power 1000 25 to life, amp, I need to use it for just a bit longer until I can get a new 4 ch. Then I need to decide if I'm going to try to get it fixed before selling it.... But that's not an easy thing, as it works great 98% of the time, it just cuts out on the mids / highs once in a while...

I freaking hate intermittent problems...

I know a lot of guys would just sell it as it is, and never mention that it has occasional glitches.... But I'm just too honest like that.

9 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

Hey guys btw, about that Power 1000 25 to life, amp, I need to use it for just a bit longer until I can get a new 4 ch. Then I need to decide if I'm going to try to get it fixed before selling it.... But that's not an easy thing, as it works great 98% of the time, it just cuts out on the mids / highs once in a while...

I freaking hate intermittent problems...

I know a lot of guys would just sell it as it is, and never mention that it has occasional glitches.... But I'm just too honest like that.

Best place to get it fixed it zed audio. Aka Stephen mantz

25 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Best place to get it fixed it zed audio. Aka Stephen mantz

TY. I'd consider him. I actually had sent it already "twice" to a guy down in Phoenix, whos repair guy actually designed this amplifier ! In fact, it was the people at Rockford Fosgate who told me so, and hooked  me up with him ? None the less, this amp has an intermittent problem again, with the mids and highs cutting out.....

wow lots of reading on f150s

I have read seat switches being pushed by seat covers.

A bad diode in alternators causing a draw when off.

Shifter interlock boards going bad so the computer can't tell its in park even though physically it is. This one seems very intermittent and hard to track down.

Rear view camera and trail hitch harnesses can corrode and cause a draw.

One person had a bad fog light switch causing a draw even though the fog lights weren't on.

some food for thought on your battery

also love that meaty profile on your rims.

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived