Sundown Audio

RF 400x4 TA vs US Amps 4300x4

Blakshukvw

I just started a thread on the Williston sound labs section.

I guess the thread title says it all but those are what I’m considering for my old school build. Looking to just run my 4 front interior speaker channels on one of these on separate channels.

So I’m considering a RF Punch 400x4 Trans Ana or a US Amps 4300x4 for my front channels. I’ve read some mixed opinions about the old Fosgate being dirtier than most from the same era. Is this true? Would I be happier with the US Amps unit? Is there much difference in SQ between these 2 actually? I have a real soft spot for these old Fosgates because I had a Punch 40 in the 90s that kicked butt. Now I’m looking for clarity.

If I don’t go with an old school build, then I’m considering the Mmatts sq series 4 channel or 6 channel. Anyone with experience with these? Is the clarity and SQ really that good? The price of the Mmatts doesn’t concern me. I’m willing to pay for quality.

I know I’m talking about 2 different paths here completely. That’s just where I’m at right now.  Please help with your suggestions and opinions.

Archived