Looking for a new set of front door speakers.

Dragonsyph

1 hour ago, SkyrimNord said:

Hey. I guess noones going to answer your question.

From what I understand you can adjust wattage output.

Also, RMS is not a set ceiling 

My response did answer his question. Playing speakers on radio power is fine but it won't be as loud as with an amp giving it power, the power it gives won't be anywhere close to 50w. 

Yes, he could power the speakers with the Skar, its nearly double the power so he would have to be very careful with setting the gain and using overlap meaning using SMD tools. He could get the 75.4 Skar and be closer to the 60rms rating and not have to worry as much. 

Wattage is power handling, mean the amount of power the speaker can take "safely". 

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadener makes the door heavier and decreases/eliminate vibrations, helping out to not lose midbass. Add in some Fast Rings to help direct the audio into the cabin. 

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

3 hours ago, AaronT said:

I think the better value for your money you will find the Rockford power T-Series components the T1's sound absolutely fucking remarkable for $200 or less woofers etc has them for $179 free shipping

I’ll check those out on my first break thanks.

Which model are you talking about?  T1675-s. For 209???

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

4 hours ago, Baydestrian said:

My response did answer his question. Playing speakers on radio power is fine but it won't be as loud as with an amp giving it power, the power it gives won't be anywhere close to 50w. 

Yes, he could power the speakers with the Skar, its nearly double the power so he would have to be very careful with setting the gain and using overlap meaning using SMD tools. He could get the 75.4 Skar and be closer to the 60rms rating and not have to worry as much. 

Wattage is power handling, mean the amount of power the speaker can take "safely". 

Ya I was thinking the same thing, I need to go with higher rms speakers or lower rms amp at 4ohms.    More power the louder in theory right?  
The 150 is only 20 bucks more then the 75, so I will prob look for higher rms speakers,  what you think is safe for 150 per channel?  100-125 rms speakers?

6 hours ago, AaronT said:

No go to woofers etc t1652

The ones you just mentioned are 6 and 3/4 and the 6 and 1/2 have actually 2mm more excursion and slightly higher sensitivity

Says those are discontinued, do you have a link to them?

These would be my two other recommendations to CDT audio and the image Dynamics

This is exactly at the price point as the Sundown Audio

the reason why the walk-through dark a little bit cheaper than $209 because it's just a slightly older model but there exactly the same because Rockford doesn't change anything for a long time

Image Dynamics and CDT audio make another set that's around $209 price point is that I would say get the higher price books

The sun Downs are just obviously again cookie cutter speakers from the Chinese build house

Archived