Looking for a new set of front door speakers.

Dragonsyph

16 hours ago, AaronT said:

Thanks mate, i got one more question lol, this might sound dumb, but the RMS rating is confusing me.  If it says 80 RMS, does that include the speaker + the tweeter?  So each one will only get 40 watts?  Or does that mean each one gets 80? so i would need to send it 160?  Trying to figure out what amp i should match with it, the skar 75 or 150. 

https://www.down4soundshop.com/rp-150-4ab-4-channel-car-amplifier/  150 RMS x4 channel for only 189.

https://www.down4soundshop.com/skar-audio-rp-75-4ab-multichannel-amplifier/ 75 rms x4 for 150.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Are you going to use the passive crossover? Just send them 80-100 RMS then.

I'd get the 150x4 either way more power is always better for headroom. Don't have to max the amp out.

The mid woofer is 80rms, 160 peak, and the Tweeter is 75 RMS 150 peak.

If going active, give the mids 100 and tweeters 60-70.

If using passive xovers just send it 100 and call it a day. I'm bit sure what kind of wizardry is going on in the xover, I think it has to do with frequency seperation, like if sebdjbg the xover 100, it will seperate the frequencies they need to play.

Like the woofer would get 100 watts if a certain bandwidth and Tweeter a seperate bandwidth as well, taking a full range signal and splitting it but same power.

Woofer will get 63-3.15k at 12db low pass at 100 watts and Tweeter will get 3.15k @ 18db high pass at 100 watts.

If it's clean power they will take it as some power loss is going to get eaten up by the xover network.

I run them active and give the woofer 100 and tweeters 75.

20 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Are you going to use the passive crossover? Just send them 80-100 RMS then.

I'd get the 150x4 either way more power is always better for headroom. Don't have to max the amp out.

The mid woofer is 80rms, 160 peak, and the Tweeter is 75 RMS 150 peak.

If going active, give the mids 100 and tweeters 60-70.

If using passive xovers just send it 100 and call it a day. I'm bit sure what kind of wizardry is going on in the xover, I think it has to do with frequency seperation, like if sebdjbg the xover 100, it will seperate the frequencies they need to play.

Like the woofer would get 100 watts if a certain bandwidth and Tweeter a seperate bandwidth as well, taking a full range signal and splitting it but same power.

Woofer will get 63-3.15k at 12db low pass at 100 watts and Tweeter will get 3.15k @ 18db high pass at 100 watts.

If it's clean power they will take it as some power loss is going to get eaten up by the xover network.

I run them active and give the woofer 100 and tweeters 75.

Thanks a ton mate, ill be using the xover they come with.  So i orderd the 150x4 skar amp for 189 bucks.  And i was thinking these speakers.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575T16S/Rockford-Fosgate-T16-S.html

Is the upgraded version of what you linked.   What do you think?

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

They are the same exact as ones I posted. Your just paying crutchfield prices

Thanks mate, i orderd the RF set, along with the 150x4 skar amp, with some 4g power wire and some 12g speaker wire.  

Now you can also bi-amp the crossovers.

There is a switch in them that will let you send one channel straight to woofers and one channel straight to tweeters, instead of one channel in and then split between the 2 .

If you got the 4 channel and aren't going to use it for rear fill, I'd recommend giving each woofer and Tweeter its own channel.

Don't bother with setting crossover on Amp, let the passive do its job, send it full range "all pass" signal.

Them power series crossovers are built very very well and ain't no bullshit 

11 hours ago, AaronT said:

Here's a shot from manual.

They are using 2 2 channels inn example, but same applies with a single 4 channel

Screenshot_2020-02-16-08-03-38.png

Thanks Ill need that.

Archived