SD-65CS or SA-6.5 CX 6.5

SkyrimNord

Hello. New to car audio, and ofcourse I'm on the learning road.

Very soon I am going to purchase two SA-SA8 subwoofers for my Honda Civic Coupe.

So, I got two cheap Sony XS 6.5 in the doors, and I am looking at replacing those not now but  later down the roads. Believe it or not, those cheap coaxials actually put out okay mids and highs.

I just bought those so I'm going to wear them out before I replace them.

My burning question is, because I notice Sundown Audio has a pair of 6.5 Coaxial speakers, would those Coaxials be an all in 1 like the 4-way Sony XS I already have?

The Sundown  Coaxials are just as expensively priced as the SD 6.5  component set.

I do like the idea of just wiring coaxials in and not having to mess with it.

I am a total newb to this after all.

Actually, I am such a newb that because I don't have any audio enthusiast friends to watch over and guide me through the process of a custom install I am going to opt for a Best Buy visit to pay to have everything installed; includes interior wire replacement (stock wires from the head unit to doors are really small. So I bought 16gauge to replace em.) & Subwoofers & Amps & maybe components/Coaxial.

I don't want to do it myself and mess stuff up so thats why the Geeks or whatever Best Buy peeps will need to do it.

So, components vs Coaxial for my 6.5 doors.

Another question related is will my JVC KD-R660 head unit be sufficient or should I replace that too? If UmI replace that it will be with a Kenwood Excelon.

0213201251_HDR.jpg

0213201409_HDR.jpg

Archived