Vastly different wattage speakers on same 4ch

Stoneylowe

I’m building an active 2 way setup for my doors and despite my research can’t seem to find an answer to this question.

Say I have 120rms mids and 15rms tweeters, will i be able to run those active on the same 100rms/channel 4ch amp and compensate for the power handling differences by lowering the gain on the tweeter channel? Or will i still blow the everloving fuck out of the tweets even with minimal gain? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, I’m just kinda stumped and wanna get my speakers ordered. I’d like to avoid super tweeters but those look to be the only ones that handle anywhere near 100watts. 

Thanks y’all 

I set my active speakers with volt meter.

I find impedance at end of wire to amp, then set accordingly using ohms law

Deck at max clean volume, EQ as I would have it set (I keep it flat) no boost, loud or any crap. And dial in VOLTAGES

What your asking is exactly why 4 channel amps are great to use, flexibility and many options. It's what they were made for

14 hours ago, AaronT said:

I set my active speakers with volt meter.

I find impedance at end of wire to amp, then set accordingly using ohms law

Deck at max clean volume, EQ as I would have it set (I keep it flat) no boost, loud or any crap. And dial in VOLTAGES

What your asking is exactly why 4 channel amps are great to use, flexibility and many options. It's what they were made for

Screenshot_2020-02-14-11-21-29.png

Great!

An automotive enthusiast.

https://autance.com/

Archived