Sonic Electronix

Can I pull this off with stock electrical?

Not sure if you looked at that northstar battery I linked but it is thin and you could probably squeeze it in. Maybe not. I think it is about 3 inches thick. You could check the exact specs. I am using one with my build. Not sure if I needed it, but my alternator is 150 amps. Not sure what I am putting out on music, but I was doing 3100 with a test tone. I can’t maintain that with out my voltage starting to drop, but under music I have no problems.

Feel like upgrading ur battery to a good agm high ah and big 3, isn't going to compromise ur ride at all my friend. But will help your electrical. And ho alts can be bolt on easy, r sometimes adiff belly but will no biggie to your ride

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

I think I'm gonna pass, as tempting as it is I'm just not willing to put the work into the electrical that's probably going to be necessary. That being said when I set up my current system I went with a prefab (I know, I know, but it was custom made for the Challenger so I wanted something that looked like it was made for the car.) It's a nice box though, the guy that made it just has a specific design for the car. It's ported, 1.75 cubic feet before the driver displacement and tuned to 32hz. I currently have a Skar SVR 12 in it and it definitely sounds good, but I see there's another site with the Sundowns on sale. The Skar calls for a 1.75-2 cubic foot box, so after displacement I'm a little low with this sub. The Sundown SAs are good down to 1.5. I've been out of car audio for so long I haven't even heard of most of these companies, and since I've been looking I am kicking myself for not getting the SAs since they'd fit my box a bit better and they are so well known. Do you think there'd be any noticable benefit to swapping out to an SA, or would my current Skar SVR be close enough that it would be a waste of my money?

Hopefully that doesn't come off as asking which is better (it's the SA anyway...) I know that's not allowed here. I just want to know if anyone thinks there'd be a noticable improvement by moving to the other using my current fosgate 800a2

Archived