Sonic Electronix

New member here, I’ve read some interesting things on here over the years but finally made an account...

i can honestly say I never knew this was the same guy from some of those YouTube videos, pretty cool. Just watched the 73 impala he redid for that guy... amazing.

k on to my problem.

bought an amp(gm-d8704)and 2 pairs of some pioneers, also a sundown sa-12 d4(i May get another but way later on) with a saw-15000d (this can be changed seeing how the place is waiting on sundowns shipment which comes in March) I was contemplating a 2000d but it’s a little big, I need the space.

did I pick good and should I look into one of those lc2i or w/e? Stuff is too expensive in Canada it’s aggravating.

3 hours ago, Mike4068 said:

Lc2i depends on your hu. Is it factory integrated? Aftermarket? I'm assuming you'll be wiring that sub to 2 ohms so you'll want an amp that makes the subs rated power at 2 ohms. Factor in box rise and you'll want even more power. 

Ya I was thinking keep factory one, theft deterrent. Crackheads are bad around here.

i believe sae 1500 cranks out 750 or 800 rms at 2 ohms. 

Box for now will probably be a ported prefab. I purchased a small sealed wedge box for a sub I ordered but received the wrong sub so they refunded my money and let me keep the sub... so I got a sa-12. I don’t think that likes sealed

thanks for taking the time to respond 

I'm gonna be honest right now and say that I don't like sealed boxes. That being said I'm not sure what the sundown sa subs are rated. I do know that they can handle rated power and above as long as it's clean power. If you like rock and country music a sealed box will be a good idea. If you like bass music and rap you'll probably want to do a ported box. 

Ya I got stuck with the sealed wedge... pulled the trigger to early... I’d hope there’s nothing but honesty on this site... 

I’ll probably throw the pioneer sub (wrong one they sent) on my nephews bicycle lmao.

Honestly I listen to all music from Chet Baker to NAS, Vivaldi and Mozart, to guns and roses. Congo natty to Shabba ranks.

alotta Drum N Bass and hip hop , some edm. I don’t discriminate.. you can get some bad ass samples from Bollywood.

I’ve settled on ported but it’ll be a pick and choose from what’s already built, maybe when I get settled or get back near some tools I’ll build a custom enclosure.. 

Archived