So i got a 2008 Ford F150 plus cab.

System as listed.

Head unit : KENWOOD DDX395

Wiring : ROCKFORD FOSGATE

SUB AMP : Boss BE4000 4000w @ 1ohm 1600watt rms (this amp has blown 4 subs)

Mids & Highs : Pioneer GM-D8604

Mids & Highs - Kenwood COAXELS 6x8s in front doors and the quarter doors

Sub - SKR - SVR-10D2 10in sub in SEALED box. (just added new last night)

audiosys1.jpg

audiosys2.jpg

audiosys3.jpg

audiosys4.jpg

audiosys5.jpg

So i really want to build a new box  about 6 to 8in taller to face the sub out more and not as much straight up.

the question i have is I have this rubberized paint, will that work as a sound deaden-er ?

that amps probably only putting out 500 watts or so id invest in another amp before you blow that skar sub due to clipping how did you set your gains? .... don't know what the other subs where but boss is severely over rated so clipping probably was part of why you blew 4 subs

2 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

that amps probably only putting out 500 watts or so id invest in another amp before you blow that skar sub due to clipping how did you set your gains? .... don't know what the other subs where but boss is severely over rated so clipping probably was part of it

I have my gain set @ maybe 1% did everything by eyeballing it. before when blowing the 4 subs i had a  shitting boss sub but had the BASS nob cranked wide open.

at this i have the bass knob OFF  and its not as loud with that knob off but i am not seeing any kind of voltage variance. have a voltage meter wired in to the Distribution block of the B12+ and Neg- blocks.

I am a auto mechanic an have over 80K in tools but don't own any of the specialized tools like the meters that SMD has for sale. i think that might be my next "tool" purchase.

Archived