Today we are taking an in-depth look at the Taramps Smart 3, a somewhat revolutionary product in the inexpensive, full bridge amplifier design area. This amp promises to deliver 3000 watts across 2, 1.8, 1.6, 1.3 and 1 ohm loads. The equal power portion is nothing new as JL Audio has shown the Slash series amps that incorporate equal power across several ohm loads as well for almost 20 years now. In addition, Rockford Fosgate has the BDCP design in their Power Series amps which performs a similar function. That said, this Taramps Smart 3 provides one huge benefit...price! This amp at the time of filming is $265 shipped from Amazon, an incredible value! Watch the detailed review of this amp including overview of the features, Amp Dyno test, subwoofer demo and a super technical dive into the design of this amp from our friend across the pond Sam from Barevids. Make sure to check out Sam's channel if you want to learn more about amplifiers and more.

Note: I bought this amp, the review was unbiased with no input from Taramps as far as reviewing the content or having any input in my thoughts. That said, this is an incredible value for a 3kW amp and is proof they are moving forward in the right direction.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2020 at 5:09 PM, BigDWiz said:

Today we are taking an in-depth look at the Taramps Smart 3, a somewhat revolutionary product in the inexpensive, full bridge amplifier design area. This amp promises to deliver 3000 watts across 2, 1.8, 1.6, 1.3 and 1 ohm loads. The equal power portion is nothing new as JL Audio has shown the Slash series amps that incorporate equal power across several ohm loads as well for almost 20 years now. In addition, Rockford Fosgate has the BDCP design in their Power Series amps which performs a similar function. That said, this Taramps Smart 3 provides one huge benefit...price! This amp at the time of filming is $265 shipped from Amazon, an incredible value! Watch the detailed review of this amp including overview of the features, Amp Dyno test, subwoofer demo and a super technical dive into the design of this amp from our friend across the pond Sam from Barevids. Make sure to check out Sam's channel if you want to learn more about amplifiers and more.

Note: I bought this amp, the review was unbiased with no input from Taramps as far as reviewing the content or having any input in my thoughts. That said, this is an incredible value for a 3kW amp and is proof they are moving forward in the right direction.

Would you recommend this amp over the Orion xtr2500.1dz

1 hour ago, exxd said:

Would you recommend this amp over the Orion xtr2500.1dz

Yes! Mainly because of box rise. At 1 ohm and 2 ohms the smart 3 amp does a little over 3000 rms and a little over 2000 rms at 4 ohms. Watch this video he posted on an xtr2500.1d.  The dz version is the same. Both amps are rated at 12.6 volts. The smart 3 puts off more rms and is more flexible when it comes to box rise and the smart 3 is more efficient. The smart 3 is a better amp.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 2 months later...

Archived