Sundown Audio

1 hour ago, Mohawk Warrior said:

Thanks for the response, are you hinting at daily driving vs competition? Or ya.. care to elaborate. 

I’m trying to figure out what amp to get. 

Also box size,    electrical

The thing about over powering a speaker is you know what to look for already and know when you have reached your limits.  Lots of people who "over power" speakers know how to build it to handle that kind of power.

It's really tough to give a number that your setup and you are capable of handling. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

1 hour ago, MrSkippyJ said:

The thing about over powering a speaker is you know what to look for already and know when you have reached your limits.  Lots of people who "over power" speakers know how to build it to handle that kind of power.

It's really tough to give a number that your setup and you are capable of handling. 

Stock 06 Malibu Maxx lt....

im already thinking I’m going to need a

ho alternator if I want to get a second sub, I believe it’s 110amp stock.

and I think I’m due for a new battery soon.

This is a new build/install. Acquiring the goods still

thanks for your response 

Edited by Mohawk Warrior

Sounds like you are on the right path, definitely beef up your electrical for power, before worrying about how much power a sub will handle.. throwing tons of power on sub with stock electrical a bad thing. You'll start dipping in lower voltage clipping crap out of amp..which will lead to broken sub and amp.

You could shoot for a bigger amp when ready, so you won't need to rebuy later, but you would need set your gains low side .  Keep in mind 750 watts to 1200 watts is really not much of a gain . You'll just set lower gain,  not as much out out.its all about knowing the sub and amp what to listen for when playing music etc etc. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

50 minutes ago, dolarbilz said:

Sounds like you are on the right path, definitely beef up your electrical for power, before worrying about how much power a sub will handle.. throwing tons of power on sub with stock electrical a bad thing. You'll start dipping in lower voltage clipping crap out of amp..which will lead to broken sub and amp.

You could shoot for a bigger amp when ready, so you won't need to rebuy later, but you would need set your gains low side .  Keep in mind 750 watts to 1200 watts is really not much of a gain . You'll just set lower gain,  not as much out out.its all about knowing the sub and amp what to listen for when playing music etc etc. 

More power= lower gains makes sense.

Any suggestions as to what I should be considering for my electrical upgrades? 

2 hours ago, Mohawk Warrior said:

More power= lower gains makes sense.

Any suggestions as to what I should be considering for my electrical upgrades? 

Alts talk to mechman since they are affiliated with smd, you have singer, CES, as well,see what's available. Look for good idle output. Batts xs power good, so is fullthrottle,  wire stick with solid names,. Skyhigh,knukoncept,stinger,