Question about High Output Alternator. (Singer)

Hi everyone, long story short I bought a used singer 250 (I think) alternator and in transit the post office beat the crap out of it and now it's not working.

I've had it tested at O'Riley and a mom and pop alternator/generator rebuilder.  O'Riley's said it output between 13v and 15v however it dipped to 11v because it's a custom job they can't guarantee that the reading is accurate because they didn't have the proper plug and they didn't have a part number for the machine to check specs against.  The mom and pop place said it wasn't outputting anything.  I am going to get it tested a 3rd time just to be sure but wanted to ask if this could be rebuilt by anyone or should it be rebuilt by singer because it's their product?  The case is fine and bearings sound good, I'm wondering if it's just the regulator that needs to be replaced.

If it can be rebuilt by anyone I also wanted to ask for recommendations for someone who can rebuild it around San Mateo CA.  This is my first high output alternator.

Make sure when it’s test that it has acc power to the wire so it knows to turn on.

What wire does it have?  1 yellow?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Ouch!  Thats bad luck, I hope you got it cheap.  Contact Singer and send it to him, hopefully its something simple otherwise the rebuild will cost you on top of the purchase price.   

Archived