I'm planning a vehicle swap right now, I have a single din head unit and an epicenter unfashionable and I'm looking to put the both in a 2001 silverado. It's a 1.5 din opening, and the install kit slides into plastic tabs made into the dash instead of using screws like everything else out there. The silverado is kind of like a 1.5 din version of the way Ford used to do the single din radio's in the late 80's and early 90's that took the "U" shaped removal tools. Any thoughts or ideas? The only install kit I can find centers the head unit vertically leaving a small blank spot above and below it

19 minutes ago, Sean 77 said:

I'm planning a vehicle swap right now, I have a single din head unit and an epicenter unfashionable and I'm looking to put the both in a 2001 silverado. It's a 1.5 din opening, and the install kit slides into plastic tabs made into the dash instead of using screws like everything else out there. The silverado is kind of like a 1.5 din version of the way Ford used to do the single din radio's in the late 80's and early 90's that took the "U" shaped removal tools. Any thoughts or ideas? The only install kit I can find centers the head unit vertically leaving a small blank spot above and below it

I did something similar in my blazer , single din with eq under it in 1.5 din hole. I ended up using pieces of some extra mounting kits I had laying around and gluing them together. Worked awesome but had to get creative. The metra 953003g is the double din kit for the OBS trucks ( like $12) and consists of the clips on the sides to hold unit in and a face plate ( that you wouldn't need I don't think). Maybe use the side clips screwed directly to your unit twords the top and ur epicenter screwed twords the bottom? Not sure what kind of gaps you would be left with but your stuff would be securely mounted.  I have lots of extra stuff sitting around so I kinda just hold things up till it looks like it's fit and then mod the crap outta it till it fits like I want . 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

American International BKGMK346TB

or use that and get a double din kit that lets u use a single din and a pocket, modify the pocket for the epicenter

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142855293915

maybe something like that one? Some 2 part speaker glue and patience u could make that work pretty easily.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived