Sundown Audio

Custom sundown sub only playing low frequencies. why?

4 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

is it the actual SPL cone you have? or do you have the megaroll v2 that use to called the spl cone for a while?
Plus with how the sub is currently built now you could have a huge impedance rise that you didnt have before giving you less power on those higher frequencies. 

Which is kinda why I asked you what the sub is actually doing when playing those frequencies. 
I try to stay pretty up to date on the Sundown stuff and use their parts a bit on other brand woofers so I have a sense on how they work.
You can buy a DATs on PartsExpress for like $100 to measure your own T/S parameters, or if you have an SMD IM/SG you can measure them with that too!!
Pics?

Its the actual spl surround cone which dropped around 1.5 to 2 yrs ago it is 100% def not the megaroll.

I wish that spl cone was the only thing i upgraded and kept everything else stock when i did my recone. 

I will add pics of box and sub soon.

Honestly, this is prob gonna be the last frankenwoofer i will build unless its small upgrades that wont change ts params too much or i am told before hand exactly what or how it will change the stock ts params so there is no guess work or surprises/problems with performance afterwards

1 hour ago, akuma4u said:

Its the actual spl surround cone which dropped around 1.5 to 2 yrs ago it is 100% def not the megaroll.

I wish that spl cone was the only thing i upgraded and kept everything else stock when i did my recone. 

I will add pics of box and sub soon.

Honestly, this is prob gonna be the last frankenwoofer i will build unless its small upgrades that wont change ts params too much or i am told before hand exactly what or how it will change the stock ts params so there is no guess work or surprises/problems with performance afterwards

That sucks bro, remember what we talked about? I hoped you would have had a better experience.

I'd just rebuild it back to stock with an nsv2 coil and shrink the enclosure until you hit 1.7 net.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:22 AM, slowfkncar said:

That sucks bro, remember what we talked about? I hoped you would have had a better experience.

I'd just rebuild it back to stock with an nsv2 coil and shrink the enclosure until you hit 1.7 net.

i had to go back and check our convo cuz i forgot but... everything you said basically came true. Like losing the tightness and all that. Thats exactly what happened.

To recone, since im in canada, it will cost quite a bit so i dont know if its worth it at this point. Im going to have to think about that one. good chance i will keep it as it is or sell it..not sure if  reconing back to stock is a good idea. Ill price it out and see. Please tell me what the advantage of using nsv2 coil is?

so one thing i noticed, the guy who built my box, i sent him a screen shot from torres and told him to follow the physical port length to calculate the actual length of the wood pieces. But he ended up using Winisd and got a different result for his port length. I will add screen shots of that convo. i guess torres calculates the port length differently than other box building calculators?

this box went inside a genesis coupe which is the worst car ive ever had to work with in terms of car audio. So hard to get bass into the cabin.. thats a whole other thread lol

Screenshot_20200302_015932_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.de30b31c5ee3ce9ffbea44d3b6217d2a.jpgScreenshot_20200302_020015_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.eb826e7b435be1579c791148ec3ec9a4.jpgScreenshot_20200302_020324_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.c033fcad0d5ac1d5e61e0e5cc8ac7215.jpgScreenshot_20200302_020254_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.f012ea2a756227c7caced08cfad81fc4.jpgScreenshot_20200302_020051_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.f78e0fa0995e5c1ce41b759629641277.jpg

So the physical port length on torres is the actual length of the wood needed to make the port.

The port length that you enter in the box is the actual length of the port when you measure down the middle of the port.

The physical port length will always be shorter than the port length entered into the box, unless the port does not bend because both would be equal length.
Untitled.png