Random question about DD1+

I'm planning on upgrading my system soon and planning on also buying the DD1+ to tune it. It shouldn't be a problem with the new system. Thinking about it and watching the you tube videos, I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to properly use it on my current setup, along with some of my friends pieced together systems. My question: if I'm running 4 12" JL Audio W6's with 4 JL Audio JX1000/1's, if I properly set the gains, would I be giving too much power to those 600 watt RMS subs and end up blowing them up? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

But I'm talking just straight up using the DD1 to set the gains, up until the the red light comes on, then backing it off just a tad. Head unit, then EQ, then the amps, then just blindly slapping them. Or am I not understanding something completely? I know it's kind of a dumb question. I think the answer is yes, you'd end up blowing the subs, but I figured I'd ask so I could get the right answer from someone who actually knows what they're talking about. I'm just guessing lol

Edited by Dafaseles
Added to the reply

6 minutes ago, sparkymedina said:

i would set them with a lower overlap say like -5db and see how they react. if you start smelling coil then back it down even more. if not then you can try a higher (or technically lower) overlap like -10db and send it! lol

1 hour ago, sparkymedina said:

if you know what you doing and set the gains correctly and dont clip them like crazy you might be ok. if youre not sure then youll probably blow them lol

Lol I should just send those things lol. With my new setup, it shouldn't be a problem. 4 FI Q Neo 12's on 2 DC Audio 3.5k's. But I've got friends that just piece together stuff they buy off of craigslist and I was just curious if I could use the DD1 on their crappy setups. Like my one friend who has 2 18" Kicker Comps in the back of a Monte Carlo running off a Hyphonics Brutus amp.... turned way down I'm assuming. I'm not touching that one with a 10 foot pole lol. Thank you for your time and your reply sparkymedina! I appreciate it! 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

No lie, this fool doesn't even have aftermarket door speakers... just the subs. He said "he got a good deal" lol. You can't hear anything else but the bass. It's embarrassing to ride in. I'm the only one in our group of friends that actually cares about the electrical, the correct box size, you know, actually making the stereo sound good. My friends just slap some shit they picked up into their ride and call it good lol. I'll have to play with the DD1 and see what I can do with it.... and read the owner's manual twice! Lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1