Sonic Electronix

Why don't manufacturers list ALL specs ?

And Theile/Small parameters ???

This freaking kills me ! How the hell are you supposed to model a subwoofer without this info ? I don't know about you guys, but I have litterally skipped past (ruled out) a few subwoofers because I was not given all the parameters I needed, to be able to model it 😕

Oh sure, maybe I could play the phone game, or messaging with the company... But even then, sometimes I feel like these places might just tell you something random, or what you want to hear, instead of just putting that shit in type print on their website. 

How does it "ever" benefit these companies to just leave potential customers hanging ?

Plz give me every last spec under the sun. If I don't need it, that's fine, but if I do, and can't find it, that sucks !

Also, don't tell me what a subwoofer will work in...

Tell me what it will work "best" in, for SQ... For SPL... Or a mix of both. 

Does this shit bother any of you also ???

My guess is if people give exact measurements and practical uses, they wouldn’t sell like they should. Like someone told me the other day a sub driver would play great running it up to 1000 htz according to specs ... Give me a break !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

41 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

My guess is if people give exact measurements and practical uses, they wouldn’t sell like they should. Like someone told me the other day a sub driver would play great running it up to 1000 htz according to specs ... Give me a break !!!

Hmmm. I dunno. Like I say, from a personal standpoint, they are "more likely" to sell me a product, by giving me all the info, vs, keeping it a secret. 

I heard it’s harder to do on the high powered stuff because for you to get accurate readings you are suppose to be at maximum excursion not sure if that’s true

but then companies like dc don’t on their bigger stuff because there are too many options but if you ask for them for your particular sub they will donit

most companies, not all, just slap parts together with hopes and prayers. if you call or email companies that actually design their own products, they will provide you with the t/s parameters. some will be off a bit. part of the reason why some of those t/s parameters will be off is b/c very, very few actually build all their subs in house. that's another part that plays the role of why companies don't release the t/s parameters. 

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

On 3/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, MichiganBumps said:

im curious, did u try google?

Do you mean, "Google to find the specs on a particular subwoofer" ? I have in the past, but that was not the point of this particular post. I meant, why companies in general, don't post all the specs ? I swear almost none, list "all" of the specs which could be inputted in WinIsd Pro ? Heck, I don't even know why some of those boxes are provided in WinIsd ? Several of these I have never seen listed for any freaking sub !?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived