Kenwood DDX396 excelon

I have a less than a month old DDX396 and I just got a new DD M1D amp. My gain is set almost maxed out. So I was told to check the pre outputs on the SW. I maxed out the volume with a 40hz test tone with the SW level on the EQ to +10. And I only got .8v. I was told it’s suppose to get around 6v. Is it something I can open up and fix quick or do I just get a new headunit? 

796A742C-2979-4046-BC67-07CCD059A7D7.png

2 hours ago, Snowy8171 said:

is the meter hooked up to the rca cable coming from the headunit? what volume is the headunit on? 

Yeah and I also checked at the actual pre outputs of the SW in back of the head unit. Volume was maxed 35 with the SW level at +10 

2 hours ago, Dd6101992 said:

Yeah and I also checked at the actual pre outputs of the SW in back of the head unit. Volume was maxed 35 with the SW level at +10 

do you get any voltage with sw level at 0? is that a base boost,? i have a excelon ddx9906xr and i get about 4.8volts from the preouts on the sw one and front preout. this is with all eqs set to flat and no base boost.

i would guess you have a rca preout shield ground problem. you could try grounding the rca outer shield and seeing what voltage you get. 

12 minutes ago, Snowy8171 said:

do you get any voltage with sw level at 0? is that a base boost,? i have a excelon ddx9906xr and i get about 4.8volts from the preouts on the sw one and front preout. this is with all eqs set to flat and no base boost.

i would guess you have a rca preout shield ground problem. you could try grounding the rca outer shield and seeing what voltage you get. 

At 0 on the SW level I get .2v yeah I’m suppose to be getting around 5-6v from the head unit. I’ll give that a try. ‘Y amp gain is really High for how many RMS it puts out 

04709E37-B4C9-4FEB-85D3-1E2DA2613DE6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived