Looking for pro's and cons for both? Is it okay to mix, AGM up front and lithium's in back? Going to be buying some more batteries and looking at lithium. 

Seen xs power Titan 8, there's high power versions and high capacity. And seems best is to have one of each if possible. So leaning to that with agm and isolator up front.

Thoughts?

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

if you dont want to go full lithium and replace your factory or agm with lithium, there are certain chemistries that you can run in conjunction with agm batteries.  headway cells for example.  check out the DIY Lithium group on facebook for more advice.  If you do want to go full lithium the sky is the limit really, in terms of price and amperage.

the titan8s are LTO batteries or lithium-titanate (get it?)  they're very good chemistry/technology. however you can do a diy build or buy a prebuilt from some of the guys on the previously mentioned FB group for less with higher amperages.

as far as using the isolator, keep in mind you'll need a high amperage (like 350A+) to effectively isolate a lithium from the rest of the system.  that's what you'll need if you want to combine agm and certain other chemistries of lithium.

Headways and LifePo batteries DO work well with agm tho, because their charge rates are lower.  

i personally have a 70ah calb lifepo bank that holds my voltage at 14.8 (where I charge) and at full tilt on 3k only dropped .2v max with a 270a singer alt.  I have some headway cells that I'm slowly accumulating sitting in my office, they're like $8-$9 per bare cell  so i can slowly buy them before assembling them.  hoping to use all my northstar agm, calb bank, and headways in conjunction to support my 6k come warmer temps.

Thanks man that was really helpful. Maybe I should wait till i replace for full lith this summer. And just dyi a lith bank. I did check out the limitless, man those are pretty sick. $$$$

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

I went from having 16 xs power d1600s to the 2 xs power 40KSPLS.

The weight savings for me was awesome. I know a lot of people didn't like the first renditions of the lithium batteries that xs had but I was one of the few that did. 

I would hold 15.6 with the AGMS on 13k (rated) and when I swapped i held 15.9 on the same 13k 

Looking at LTO right now but I'm not sure if I will buy any new batts until I let them be released for a while 

1349713160_rte.png

24 minutes ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

I went from having 16 xs power d1600s to the 2 xs power 40KSPLS.

The weight savings for me was awesome. I know a lot of people didn't like the first renditions of the lithium batteries that xs had but I was one of the few that did. 

I would hold 15.6 with the AGMS on 13k (rated) and when I swapped i held 15.9 on the same 13k 

Looking at LTO right now but I'm not sure if I will buy any new batts until I let them be released for a while 

how are u getting it to hold that high with agm? i did just wake up, lol cant think... very nice. yeah i was reading about those, and the limitless brand. the 100ah is really pricey tho

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

Archived