Sundown Audio

Highs amp decision help?

tomko

I want to run in each door. I plan on buying these. I already have Deaf Bonce in the car but time to go a little bigger.
4- Deaf Bonce AP-M67AN Mids. 300W Rms 600 Peak 4ohm

4- Deaf Bonce AP-T25 NEO Tweeters 45W Rms 90 watt Peak 4ohm

1-Deaf Bonce DB-W80 8’” midbass 250W rms 500W peak 4 or 8 ohm

I will be using Audiocontrol DM-810 Matrix Dsp. 

I am trying to figure out what amps I should buy to run my highs. How many amps I should buy? Should I try to match the amp to the rms for each speaker or go bigger and dial it back?

So I was thinking I could buy two 4 channel amps for the 8 tweets and 8 mids. Then just run them all at 4 ohm. Buy 1 amp just for the 8’s. I could change 1 to a 5 channel to run the 8’s. I was trying to keep everything in stereo for music. 
Unless I am figuring this up wrong, if I take the 6.5‘S to 2 ohm load I would need 600w per 2 speakers to push them at the rms level. I haven’t found many 4 channels putting out this much from recommended specs. 

That single 8” mid bass will be useless with all those other speakers so you can skip that if you don’t want to add more 8” speakers. Not to mention mid bass still needs to be a left/right signal so you need another one anyway.

what are you running for subs? That would help determine how much you need for a front stage.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived