This will be a slow transition to bass, seeing how I now have a little one one the way.

at least I have a spot to post now.

ill snap some before shots of the car eventually. I don’t plan on anything fancy just going to swap the doors and put a couple of 12’s in the hatchback wagon. Upgrading the war pony....

to start I have the 4 doors covered, got some pioneer ts-m650pro’s and their gm-d8704 4 channel amp.

for the back I went with the sa-12 ( one right now will be 2) and I believe with help from Bryan at sundown audio I’ve settled on the sfb-2000d for the amplifier.

also picked up an OFC 0/1 gauge dual amplifier kit from Knukoncept.

(Nothing installed)

I'm thinking I may make a box for the dual setup and swing for the fences on a prebuilt single until then.. 

sad but only pictures I have are of the headlights, just did a little restoration on them. Looked way worse than the camera shows. That’s just after the sanding 

DA6E441D-D775-4E68-B3E4-63C8D7CF4F86.thumb.jpeg.dcbde4b16325eea7fbc867f57bcea880.jpeg

0A5C0D9B-0DCF-4E75-8AEA-AA33BF74BA0C.thumb.jpeg.12b2653c2a5731bf43684a1ab1814891.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, AaronT said:

Knukonceptz is top notch ,  I've compared thier wire head to head visually and it's thicker than Sky High

I believe it was a statement from maybe you that helped me choose them...

but the main sale point was price, they gave me a pretty sweet deal, maybe just good timing. Got like $120 off the dual amp kit and they had unboxed/unspooled  speaker wire 2 for 1.

the positive and negative battery terminals looked pretty sweet so I grabbed them buy1 get 1 with bonus “posts”

all that and it was still significantly cheaper than a single amp 0gauge from sky high (was like $400). Some mark ups are ridiculous up here.

I was worried it wasn’t going to be OFC because how cheap I scored it (was close to the CCA prices).

only thing bad I can say is marketing.

KnuKonceptz Kanada.... 

is the mascot a beaver wearing a pillowcase, throwing a noosed rope over a maple tree?

Great feeling wire though.

8Yeah I've tried a few brands and here's the thing  they all are pretty equal, with price being the only difference and deciding factor.

I tried RF 1/0 , JL 1/0 (bough a 18" piece from local audio shop in a pinch, no fucking way that's shits worth $7-$10 a friggin foot), NVX (nvx is my second choice after knukonceptz) sky high, GP, and raptor premium ofc (this is actually my go to for 10g ofc power wire for sub speaker wire)

Knukonceptz is the cheapest in price and slightly thicker actual wire inside the jacket. Thier jacket is the thinnest among the group, which is a good thing when it come to running it. Also thier jacket "sticks" to the wire better than sky high, 

With sky high if you take a , let's say 4 foot piece of 1/0 and strip about 5" off one end, you can literally pull the conductor out of the jacket.

It's pretty loose fitting. I hate when you get wire like that , you get insulation all trimmed perfect for terminals and distribution block, so no wire is exposed after insertion, then 2 days later jacket starts pulling back exposing wire. No performance issues, but cosmetic I don't like that

I will recommend, since you're using set screw terminals on a few items, to get some wire ferrules from Amazon . They go over the stripped end so when you insert it into terminal and tighten set screw it doesn't cut through bare wire strands. It also crimps itself to the wire once tightened, and makes it a real nice easy job if you have to remove wire from terminal and reinsert 

.here's a video all about them

On 3/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, AaronT said:

8Yeah I've tried a few brands and here's the thing  they all are pretty equal, with price being the only difference and deciding factor.

I tried RF 1/0 , JL 1/0 (bough a 18" piece from local audio shop in a pinch, no fucking way that's shits worth $7-$10 a friggin foot), NVX (nvx is my second choice after knukonceptz) sky high, GP, and raptor premium ofc (this is actually my go to for 10g ofc power wire for sub speaker wire)

Knukonceptz is the cheapest in price and slightly thicker actual wire inside the jacket. Thier jacket is the thinnest among the group, which is a good thing when it come to running it. Also thier jacket "sticks" to the wire better than sky high, 

With sky high if you take a , let's say 4 foot piece of 1/0 and strip about 5" off one end, you can literally pull the conductor out of the jacket.

It's pretty loose fitting. I hate when you get wire like that , you get insulation all trimmed perfect for terminals and distribution block, so no wire is exposed after insertion, then 2 days later jacket starts pulling back exposing wire. No performance issues, but cosmetic I don't like that

I will recommend, since you're using set screw terminals on a few items, to get some wire ferrules from Amazon . They go over the stripped end so when you insert it into terminal and tighten set screw it doesn't cut through bare wire strands. It also crimps itself to the wire once tightened, and makes it a real nice easy job if you have to remove wire from terminal and reinsert 

.here's a video all about them

I actually really like the look of these, nice clean look..

but none really mentioned the copper quality. Doesn’t it defeat the purpose of “oxygen free” when the tinned copper ferrules are regular?

No the oxygen Free thing is just a description of the purity.

The ferrule is pure copper as well  it will add no resistance at all. And it will create better current flow as the copper end will act like a solid single piece now. Instead of just a center portion of the strands clamped by the set screw and the rest of the strands just kinda resting inside the terminal

These are oxygen Free, where it states anti-oxidation is another way of saying that.  These are the ones I use.

They have bigger kits more pieces, insulated ends, etc. But they all come from same factory, only difference is rebranded name

On 3/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, AaronT said:

No the oxygen Free thing is just a description of the purity.

The ferrule is pure copper as well  it will add no resistance at all. And it will create better current flow as the copper end will act like a solid single piece now. Instead of just a center portion of the strands clamped by the set screw and the rest of the strands just kinda resting inside the terminal

These are oxygen Free, where it states anti-oxidation is another way of saying that.  These are the ones I use.

They have bigger kits more pieces, insulated ends, etc. But they all come from same factory, only difference is rebranded name

Screenshot_2020-03-16-15-23-22.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-15-24-50.png

Awesome.

you deserve an award or something, everywhere I go on this forum you seem to be.

now does anybody have any suggestions as to how I should approach my box? I’m thinking just build the dual and use the one sub until I get the other.

Forgot the sub in the pictures of stuff 

sa-12

9BB9C30C-4F46-4FC1-8143-21961E549C0F.thumb.jpeg.94d5d2be31180d9ecc093784708028a1.jpeg

Swiped this pic off the net because my trunk area is a mess, but this is basically what I got space wise 

4F2D5025-02DA-4F05-8AE7-4C9EE3A6AFED.jpeg.241c51814d4cb1e045c024831a52e237.jpeg

I figure i have up untill the slot grooves on the sides for width

B454E18E-9E79-4BC3-BED4-15F8F7CAF6EF.thumb.jpeg.9e1d89f4612534eb38d6bc1d9cec71f0.jpeg

The tape is another 3.5 inch 

90782939-9169-4752-B5DA-B8464F05F0C7.thumb.jpeg.4a339359193ae52b1ad33636746c0c74.jpeg

Back of the seat to back of car

C7696FDD-2527-40B3-AE80-57C215C9B678.thumb.jpeg.d874fbca6d7ad6b70fd26828c1c1adb4.jpeg

There may have been a little more but I wanted some trunk... but after posting this I don’t think I’m getting any trunk left. Shit..

And when I went to my vehicle.... the chrome trim on my doors has been stolen..

what a prick job

Archived