overlap setting for an amp that under powers mids

Hey ive tried to search, but no avail to my question. Most questions are actually opposite of what i'm asking.  I have a regular dd-1 and my overlap is set to -5db on my mids. My amp outputs 140 watts@ 2 ohms each channel, which is what my mids are wired to. (I have two 4 ohm speakers ran in parallel on each side of the car; the front and rear lefts together, and front and rear rights together), so thats  280 watts each side... Can i safely change my overlap to -10 or -15 db to achieve more output, or would this just destroy my speakers? Tia

instagram.com/installsbypat

If you want more power, then you need to buy more power. Setting gain overlap is meant to accommodate the level of attenuation in music. It doesnt create power. A gain overlap of -10dB on a song that is only attenuated to -5dB is going to be sending a beautiful square wave to your speakers.

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, reedal said:

If you want more power, then you need to buy more power. Setting gain overlap is meant to accommodate the level of attenuation in music. It doesnt create power. A gain overlap of -10dB on a song that is only attenuated to -5dB is going to be sending a beautiful square wave to your speakers.

I havent been on. Update. Upgraded my amps from skar amps to crescendo, doubling the power. Added a 2nd battery as well. Happy with the decision

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

instagram.com/installsbypat