Sky high the best wire?!?..not even close

Well purchased my first bit of wire from shca. And I'm here to put this "best wire out" shit to rest.  My first go with 1/0 guage was NVX envy flex ofc. Loved that wire very flexible and as fine as human hair. The pre_terminated ends of the big 3 kit and power kit was nicely crimped. Hydraulic and covered in shrink. As well as first 3 feet of power kit in tech flex. Used it on about 4 different vehicles.

Second experience with 1/0 was knukonceptz. Again flexible as all hell fine as human hair nicely logo'd. I used thier rcas, kyrstal cable, thier Kandy kord 12 guage ofc speaker wire. And karma SS 8 guage twisted speaker wire. As well as 4 guage power. Great price and real quality look and feel to jacket.

Now this time around I decided to give shca a shot, as I hear many people around here and other places say "shca wire is better than knukonceptz" and just general Sundown-esq attitude of elitist-ness.

So figured all these people can't be wrong.

Well..... At first glance, the logo on wire is double printed and looks cheaply done. No big deal. Don't care about that.... But it was a sign of what was to come. As I get to unrolling the big 3 custom length kit, I see the cut end, definitely no bigger than knukonceptz or nvx, and it's actually much coarser stranding. Again not a big issue until I get to the preterminated ends 

What in the fuck. One is v hammer crimped and the other 2 pieces are literally smashed with hammer.

I took a video of me pulling the ends off with very little effort.

Now on to the heat shrink supplied.

Cheap and thin. Knukonceptz uses marine grade adhesive lined and is thick 4:1

I'm highly disappointed. 8n fact the only thing sky high about this is indeed my leval of dissatisfaction

I REALLY HAD HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS I REALLY THOUGHT I WAS IN THE COOL CLUB NOW LIKE I WAS PART OF SOMETHING WITH THE BEST WIRE EVER.

A LOT OF YOU GUYS WHO SAY THIS IS THE BEST WHEREVER I HAVE A REAL STRONG SUSPICION YOU'VE NEVER USEd ANYTHING ELSE. And are just parroting and blindly following the fact that this is the best wire. I'm not saying it's garbage yeah it's 100% copper ofc standard 1/0 cable. it's nothing Superior to any of the Brand's I mentioned above in fact I feel it's a little bit less.

Pics are of the terminal ends and a comparison of shca 1/0 to nvx 1/0 

Shca on top copper color. Nvx on bottom tinned copper. Nvx is slightly larger

8 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

To be fair.  I crimp my own to avoid these type of things 

I’ve been looking for a good wire to use and haven’t found shit. I’m curious if the dc wire is good.

and yea I don’t crimp everything gets soldered 

4 minutes ago, will77530 said:

I’ve been looking for a good wire to use and haven’t found shit. I’m curious if the dc wire is good.

and yea I don’t crimp everything gets soldered 

Soldering is for when you have patience.  I lost mine a long time ago. 50 dollar crimper off Amazon.  And damn 

I can't get video to upload.

But I ain't lying. Just look at the other 2. Ffs. I emailed them and told them to send me 3 new terminals.

I have a 16 ton hydraulic crimper from Amazon as well. Same one Meade has in his 4/0 video.

I love it and it creates perfect cold weld.

I just expected much better 

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

Soldering is for when you have patience.  I lost mine a long time ago. 50 dollar crimper off Amazon.  And damn 

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

I can't get video to upload.

But I ain't lying. Just look at the other 2. Ffs. I emailed them and told them to send me 3 new terminals.

I have a 16 ton hydraulic crimper from Amazon as well. Same one Meade has in his 4/0 video.

I love it and it creates perfect cold weld.

I just expected much better 

I solder because I am slow as fuck so might as well

and I don’t doubt you was just curious to see the video 

• 3 weeks later...

i only use Knu kolossus Fleks 1/0 power wire , but was looking for some quality 10 ga wire so i ordered some from skyhigh in black and red , 10 ft length , i receive the wire and its black and blue . i call them to tell them that their shipping dept. is not paying too close attention to the orders they send out but i figure that i'll use it anyway . i read some reviews from skyhigh and most reviews state that they give you extra wire than you ordered so i think cool , let me measure mine , well i only got 9'4'' of wire from a 10 foot order ! last time i'll order from them . anyhow , from now on i'll only buy tinned OFC wire . for price and quality , you can't get much better than KnuKonceptz...

Archived