A capacitor or a small lithium battery ?

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

Add a second AGM. Call it a day.

It's 3kw. And not constant. It's a daily for music, not sine waves

Problem with that, is that I couldn't add another AGM "inside the cabin". I'd have to reroute my power cable to the bed of my truck, then back into the cabin again, which would just be more PITA. 

Put it this way, if I were going to go through all that, I'd be tempted to add at least 2, or maybe more AGM's, which I would, if ever my amp situation had expanded to the point that I really needed it.

50 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

Problem with that, is that I couldn't add another AGM "inside the cabin". I'd have to reroute my power cable to the bed of my truck, then back into the cabin again, which would just be more PITA. 

Put it this way, if I were going to go through all that, I'd be tempted to add at least 2, or maybe more AGM's, which I would, if ever my amp situation had expanded to the point that I really needed it.

Well where would you put the capacitor or the lithium battery that would be the same amount of work

What i mean to say is, if you added a cap bank, even a small one or lithium, you'd still need to locate it somewhere and add a bit of additional wiring. Why couldn't you just add the smaller AGM it the same place? AGM's can be placed in can next to amps. They aren't lead acid wet cells that off-gaa toxic fumes

I'd just recomend that you skip the auto parts store AGM and get a better brand, as they often times offer around 10-15 more amp hours in identical physical size.

Example, my old Duracell platinum 34/78 AGM was 40 amp hours paid $175 from Sam's club. My new full throttle 34/78 AGM is same size but sports 65 amp hours. Cost 289 free shipping

My second batteries are 2 kinetic hc 700's giving 20 amp hours each. (The size of case fit perfectly in under carpet storage rack in escape, so that's why I used 2 smalls instead of 1 big.)

With a good 65 amp hours AGM under hood and a 320 amp alt. You should be fine.

When I had my factory alt I didn't drop much running over 2500 Watts

Archived