Second Skin Audio

Is my box bad?

Izzyman

Hey I am running two txx-bdc3-12 audiopipe subs in this box I got off line. The Cubic feet looked good but now that I have them hooked up I am wondering if I made the right choice. Do you guys see anything right off the bat that would make this box a not so good fit for my subs?

Thanks.

https://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/Dual-12-Customizable-Premium-Vented-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Box-Black.htm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIOPIPE-TXX-BDC3-12-Audiopipe-12-Woofer-1800W-Max-4-Ohm-DVC-/283707336013

38 minutes ago, Gunnem said:

box is ok but the subs look very cheap

Well, they are not the most expensive subs for sure, but they are better made then Dual lol. 

They had good reviews on youtube, but to be honest, that is all I know about them. 

I am running these subs with a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP.    

Something seems a bit off, they move a lot of air around and rattle the car, but it seems like the sound  could be better. Like they would be great if all you cared about was making things in your car rattle but something is lacking the audiophile department. 

The box was very cheap and not made custom, so I was wondering if that would be the first thing to look at. 

So after playing with these txx-bdc3-12 audiopipe subs for about a week, I decided to try to return them. They are loud but mainly all I can hear when I turn them up is everything in my car rattling. 

I lucked out, amazon decided to give me a refund and let me keep the subs. (I had ordered a different model and received the bdc3 model instead)

So I plan on selling the Audiopipe subs and maybe putting a bit more money to my next pair of subs. 

Still new at this, but I really want something geared to SQ not SPL. Do you guys have a model of subs you could suggest I look at buying with maybe a $500-$600 budget?

17 minutes ago, Izzyman said:

Do you guys have a model of subs you could suggest I look at buying with maybe a $500-$600 budget?

Just my $0.02, but with that budget and that 1500BDCP, I would go with the P3D4 12's. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P3D4-12-1200-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B004UFHXNI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=S3X4TL5TVO7Y&keywords=p3d4-12&qid=1584046810&sprefix=p3d4%2Caps%2C205&sr=8-1

Again, just my $0.02.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

1 minute ago, PC Principal said:

Just my $0.02, but with that budget and that 1500BDCP, I would go with the P3D4 12's. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P3D4-12-1200-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B004UFHXNI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=S3X4TL5TVO7Y&keywords=p3d4-12&qid=1584046810&sprefix=p3d4%2Caps%2C205&sr=8-1

Again, just my $0.02.

Been really considering running RFs for the whole system. 

I'm a RF fanatic, but you'll have money better spent elsewhere as far as subs.

The p3 is not worth what it cost.

I'd look to image Dynamics idq 12 look it up, it's American made and built nicely. Readily available bolt in recone kits, all you do is remove 8 screws around trim ring that holds surround down, then flip it over and remove 8 screws from back of spider landing. Remove old cone, it comes out with terminals and all.

Drop in 3 nylon shims that come with recone kit, pop in assembly, ad re insert the 16 screws.

It's geared nicely torwards "SQ" it gets deep and low and us very very accurate . It's got better power handling than the p3

But understand, a true SQ quality sub is going to be about 500+ each.

This is a good middle ground between a decent daily use sub that gets low and deep while staying very musical, it's got an identity crisis and acts like a SQ sub. Lol

I recommend it highly.

I ran the RF P3D4s they sounded great for a beginner sub and worked just fine for me on 750 and 2k watts. But I gotta say the SA 12s sounded better. Not to start some kind of versus thread at all, lots of good brands especially budget brands that put up with some of the more expensive ones. 

But if your hearing tons of rattles sink 50$ into sound deadening. @Second Skin Occasionally has some really good seasonal deals or B-stock for sale, regardless they offer top notch products. 

3 hours ago, will77530 said:

Just my pee brain with a thought you said all you hear are all your rattles so why not attack that issue first and then move forward 

Dodge journey, not sure where to start, its a pretty flimsy car lol. You are not wrong though. 

Archived