Sonic Electronix

How many amp hours do I need?

I’m planning on running a sundown scv7500 and 1000 watts of Rockford power for mids and highs and I’m wondering how much battery power I need? As far as alternator I can either go with js alternator 370 or 390. I seen an AGM Battery with 150 ah for 679 and I also saw a jy lithium battery I think 45 ah for 1000? 

On 3/10/2020 at 5:45 PM, Freddboi said:

I’m planning on running a sundown scv7500 and 1000 watts of Rockford power for mids and highs and I’m wondering how much battery power I need? As far as alternator I can either go with js alternator 370 or 390. I seen an AGM Battery with 150 ah for 679 and I also saw a jy lithium battery I think 45 ah for 1000? 

Well IMPO, I think a 370 or 390 amp alternator will be great. But Id think 150 amp hours would be kind of a little light for 8500 watts, just going by what I've read lately. Id probably want more. If it were me, I'd spend like $300 to $350 for "two" AGM batts (or $500  on 3 of them) with a total of maybe 175-300 amp hours. But then again, I'm not sure if you have the space to squeeze in another battery or two ?

• 2 weeks later...

Duracell AGM group 65's are $170 each, for 75 amp hours.... So I was a little bit off as 4 of them would run you $680.... But honestly, I think the OP would be good with 3 of them for 225 amp hours.... $500 

3 yr warranty too.

Still a much better value than the "cool batteries" that a lot of guys are running. 

34 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

Duracell AGM group 65's are $170 each, for 75 amp hours.... So I was a little bit off as 4 of them would run you $680.... But honestly, I think the OP would be good with 3 of them for 225 amp hours.... $500 

3 yr warranty too.

Still a much better value than the "cool batteries" that a lot of guys are running. 

So, 3 - 75 amp hour bats, is around 225 amp hours, then, the alt would be solid for say 350 amps... total, 575 give or take,..

But, that would be closer to battery rest, not alt charge. Make some sense?

Edit - Id be curious where hes wiring that 7500 at... 1ohm? He'd probably be OK, as long as the alt is made from a reputable maker. Add more reserve if needed. (aka- watch voltage, let it eat, and see)

Archived