Question About Strength of Electrical System

7 hours ago, Clunker said:

Going with 2 of the Rockford amps strapped. They dyno high, impressive. Hoping they're not too much. Lol...

But them refurbished. You still get warranty.

Strapp IMHO is bad idea, imma post a video for you, might as well run one per sub unstrapped. There really is no benefit to strapping, as you can only strap at 2 ohm (1 per amp) same as running each amp 1 ohm. You may think you can "control" both from master gain and xover contrills, but there is a hidden issue you won't see.

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT AND WILL expand

Your knowledge base.

Here I searched eBay (I buy all my power series refurbished from eBay, never been let down)

There's a refurb for 1199. And 2 brand new best offer listing for 1238 free shipping. Contact seller and see if you can get them new ones for 11 or so. Tell him there are factory refurbished ones that are with 90 day for 1200.

I preffer refurbished over used (I never never buy used amps unless it's real old school and I expect it to need gone over and fixed)

Anyway refurbished is sent back for repair, then a tech gets it and goes over it with a fine tooth comb by hand. All issues are addressed and anyting out if tolerance is fixed. It's like getting a hand built version of the amp.

I think the RF amps let you set one amp up as a master (for gain, xover, etc...) and the slave amps will use those settings. No need to strap with the 2500bd

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

57 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

I think the RF amps let you set one amp up as a master (for gain, xover, etc...) and the slave amps will use those settings. No need to strap with the 2500bd

I don't really understand if there is a difference between strapping or slaving? 

well i'm kinda guessing here...

Instead of combining the output of two amps, slaving (in RF amps using MasterSync) keeps the outputs of the amps independent, so you are still using the amps separately. But the controls are all controlled by a single master amp.

The BD2500.1 has 2 options: PowerSync (strapped) or MasterSync (master/slave).

At least I think that is what they are called. I could have that backwards or the names wrong, but the options are right.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

New Sundown Audio SALT 4 amp is only 1250 dollars new with 2 year warranty and puts out almost 6000 watts. 

56685C22-FFF6-43E3-9D92-DCBDD1F88D77__57280.1576601668.jpg?c=2&imbypass=onA6BBE57F-DD88-457E-80D1-1B98BD345CD6__05538.1576601668.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived