Coaxial 6.5 Recommendations for 150watts?

Crankit89

Looking for recommendations on 6.5 coaxial door speakers. I'll be powering them by a stinger 700x4.  Its rated 4ohm 125watts I believe. Also I have (2) American bass 12 xfls running on on a skar 2000.1 rp at 1 ohm. So I need some mids and highs to keel up with that.

My recommendation for coaxials is always going to be Rockford fosgate power series T1652

Basically it's a Rockford T1650-s 6.5" component set with Tweeter mounted on a bridge, it's not connected through a "coaxial" poke piece. Same mid woofer and sane Tweeter as the component set and the crossover network is stuffed into the basket near the motor (that's why even though the mid woofer is the same one from the component set, it looks "beefier" or "deeper")

I had the same set, loved them, they take more than rated, I had mine in a t600-2 as long as it's clean and eq dialed in, they take tons of power.

I've had great lick with the infinity speakers , even the Primus series handle 80rms and sound very good , I had the reference components on 110 watts and they held up very well too and sounded great, just couldn't keep up with 4 8s on 3k so went with 4 pioneer pro 6.5s and 2 pioneer pro 4" tweeters. Unlike every other pro audio stuff these are very smooth and clear, definitely not a "cat raping a cockatoo" LMAO but that is a good description of most pa stuff .

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

16 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

I've had great lick with the infinity speakers , even the Primus series handle 80rms and sound very good , I had the reference components on 110 watts and they held up very well too and sounded great, just couldn't keep up with 4 8s on 3k so went with 4 pioneer pro 6.5s and 2 pioneer pro 4" tweeters. Unlike every other pro audio stuff these are very smooth and clear, definitely not a "cat raping a cockatoo" LMAO but that is a good description of most pa stuff .

What 4 8s you got?

Archived