Second Skin Audio

Sundown NSv4 15 or 2x Sundown Zv5 12 O_o

image91

I would go with the Z's over the single nightshade

Like they are neo but they're not necessarily the whole point of neo is to lower the weight of the package and still give decent power handling I don't believe the nightshade is that much more powerful than two Z series 12 would be I mean yeah they're going to be lighter in regards to power handling but two twelves are going to give you much much more output

Same thing in regards to DC's neo

I would sooner run 2 level 5 or xl 15s over two neo 15s.

The power handling on the ferrite subs is greater 

Now if you move up the motor weight of a neo too close to that of a Ferrite, and hell yeah the Neal's going to take way more power

Was thinking that the two 12s would move more air than the single 15, that's why I was considering them. The 12s cost more, larger ported enclosure, 4x the weight of the 15 & the enclosure type I want to use, can't fit with 12s.

Was supposed to put in the order for the Nsv4 15 today but had to hold due to the Corona situation (My mind can still change to 12s. Keeping open on matter). Spending that much on a sub right now would be a bit irresponsible. It's just starting to pick up where I'm from. Can't wait til things settle down to get the process rolling again. Getting the softer spider pack. Not sure if carbon fiber dust cap is worth it as I'll possibly be invert mounting. 

Running on a Deaf Bonce Apocalypse AAK5500.1.

It's going in a transmission line tuned to 32. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks bro. I'm familiar with t-lines. I've designed & built a couple as well as helped design others that were successfully built. My last Sundown Xv2 15 was in a T-line & I enjoyed it thoroughly. I've also seen that video quite a few times in the past. Appreciate the advice & info. 

I jumped to 8:29 just to see what you were referring to & I am aware of those facts. I enjoy flat response as well as higher levels of output. I know a 15" t-line isn't a common situation due to the enclosure size & it being a lot more common to use smaller drivers with that particular enclosure design, but that doesn't say it's a mis-match O_o. It's just different. Thanks for looking out though 😃

Not a problem, I just see alot of guys in groups in Facebook talk about wanting to do t-line, and in the same sentence they talk about it being better for SPL. Then I usually refer them the video and it turns out they were just assuming t-line vwas better because of purely how it looks and assumed the crazy porting had to make better burps and what not.

I wasn't aware you were already familiar with and an experienced user, I'm humbly sorry for assuming such.

Please don't take it negatively.

Didn't take it that way & I understand where you are coming from which is why I thanked you. Know you were just looking out. No apology necessary bro. I agree, a lot of people have that misconception. It was explained well in the video using the dog food. Lol

On a side note it looks as if the government's going to send out some coronavirus reparation checks, if that's the case I may be in the market for some new audio for my other vehicle

I really been digging DC Audio from what I've been reading on their website and looking at how their subs are built I really would like to try to level four tens....😉

Got my Deaf Bonce DB-SA412 sold finally. Just want to make sure I'm making the right decision so open to other suggestions. Anything I should strongly consider over the Sundown Nightshade v4 15?

• 1 month later...

Still having issues making a decision. Any input would help from anyone having experience with the mentioned subs. 

The FS on the 12s are mid 30s & looking to play down to 28 comfortably. Am I paying too much attention to the FS ratings? This also bothered me about the Nsv4 15 as it was still low to mid 30s with the softer black spider pack. The Xv2 15 & Zv5 15 are 28 & 29 FS. 

Options right now are Zv5 15, Nsv4 15, DB-SA415/418.

Deaf Bonce Apocalypse AAK-5500.1. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Archived