Sundown Audio

Looking for a newer amps

CommonSyns

I drive a 98 Jeep TJ, I currently am using my old amps in my Jeep but I would like to find a better amp with a smaller footprint, yet keeping the same output RMS for my subwoofers. 

Right now I have a Skar Audio SDR x2 wired at 1 Ohm to a Skar Audio SK1500.1v1 wired at 1 Ohm with a JL Audio 360/4 going to my components and my co-axles in my rear bar. My problem is that I have both amps that stick out from under my rear seat. I have decided to keep my rear seat in for functional reasons. Obviously this makes them a target for being stolen, so I would prefer a smaller footprint for both amps so that they do not stick out from under my rear seat. 

The speakers that I have are Skar Audio 5.25's (dash) and Kenwood Excelon Co-axles 6.5'.

Can someone please recommend me a good replacement for my JL amp and my Skar Amp, I would like to keep the rms at 1500 at 1 ohm. 

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

3 hours ago, deathcards said:

Get us some dimensions! So we can toss out suggestions. 

My mistake, do you mean the current dimensions of my amps currently or the dimensions of my back seat in my TJ?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Dimensions of the amplifier you would like to replicate the footprint of actually what is the amplifier brand and model number and what is the power you're looking for?

Iscan audio retailers all day long and I happen to remember specs like rain Man remembers people's Court cases.

47 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Dimensions of the amplifier you would like to replicate the footprint of actually what is the amplifier brand and model number and what is the power you're looking for?

Iscan audio retailers all day long and I happen to remember specs like rain Man remembers people's Court cases.

Right now I have a JL Audio JX360/4 dimensions: 15-1/2"L x 7-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H and a Skar Audio 1500.1v1 Dimensions: 13.75" (Length) x 9.15" (Width) x 2.5" (Height)

The Skar is set a 1 Ohm so it is drawing 1500 RMS or so. I would like to keep that kind of power with a smaller footprint. The JL Audio is nice but has a big footprint for what I want it for. As for power for the JL I want about 100 RMS x4 @ 4 Ohm. All while keeping a small footprint, if possible.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Taramps smart 3k

• Number Of Channels: 01
  • Maximum Power:
  • @ 12.6 VDC - 1 OHM: 3000W RMS
  • @ 12.6 VDC - 2 OHMS: 3000W RMS
  • @ 12.6 VDC - 4 OHMS: 2000W RMS
  • Input Sensitivity: 0.22V ~ 4V
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: >90dB
  • Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 10KHz (-3dB)
  • Crossover High Pass (Hpf): 10Hz ~ 90Hz (-12dB/8ª) Variable
  • Crossover Low Pass (Lpf): 90Hz ~ 10KHz (-12dB/8ª) Variable
  • Bass Boost: Freq.: 35Hz ~ 55Hz, Boost: 0 ~ +10dB
  • Efficiency: 79%
  • Input Impedance: 10K Ohms
  • Protection System: Output short-circuit, low/high supply voltage and thermal protection
  • Mininum Supply Voltage: 9 VDC
  • Maximum Power Rating: 16 VDC
  • Consumption At Rest: 2.40 A
  • Musical Maximum Consumption: 150 A
  • Maximum Consumption in Sinusoidal Signal: 300 A
  • Dimensions (WxDxH): 8.98" x 2.76" x 9.37"
  • Weight: 5.72 lb
  •  

Or taramps dsp1600.1.

It's 9 in by 7 in.

In my personal opinion these Brazilian full bridge amplifiers need some sound processing because in the past they are said to be a little bit noisy but the newer generations I'm hearing aren't but either way this one has a nice built-in DSP that should clear all of that up

Now here's my personal pick. Little more money but feature packed. Onboard dd1 basically

Rockford fosgate t750x1bd. It does almost 1690 RMS dynamic at 1 ohm and it's evil, you won't find cleaner sound with this much power in this size 

Archived