Sundown Audio

Soundigital 5K + FI TEAM 12

frenziedcage

Hi all I'm in the market for an amp for my FI TEAM 12 I was going back and forth on a few amps I'm mainly drawn to the soundigital 5k EVO. The only thing that concerns me about this amp is it is rated at 6530wrms @ 14.4v I really don't want to overpower the sub more than 20%. the soundigital 5k ratings at 12.6v is 5,000wrms. What are your guys thoughts on this amp sub combo? I see this amp pairing well with the FI TEAM sub as I will inevitably have voltage drop. My electrical for my setup is singer 250a alt, 80ah JY power and xs power D3400.

Thanks..

Thoughts?.. If I had a 4.5k team4 sub to play with I'd enclose it in a medium-smallish recommended range enclosure, be sure it's not limiting output by design and probably feed it 2x power on paper myself. Or minimum something in the 6-7k range and wire low. 

I'd adjust the enclosure for power accordingly if only "overpowering" by %20 if it was mine and probably build a box in the larger side.

I've seen a set of teams take a set of M5' s (or M4's?) easily so personally I would get as much power as I'd dare within reason then focus on the enclosure.

Realistically you'll probably kill that sub thru clipping trying to get more power out of a smaller amp well before it dying from mechanical/thermal failure with plenty of clean power I'd think.

You most likely wont ever see that 5k on music. Let alone 6500. With rise you will be lucky to get what the subs rms is. Im building for 2 team 15s right now and they will be on a MD 8k per.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

So essential 2x power the rms rating of the sub would be the healthiest option for the sub and my electrical system? I know FI subs are power hungry and can handle a lot of power I've seen a lot of people run 2x power on these subs. Ultimately trying to find the best amp to match up to this FI TEAM not really stuck on a specific brand or price range. Both of you guys are recommending 2x power and I've seen people throw 2x power at these TEAMS. My main concern was damage to the sub from thermal failure like the previous comment mentioned, but it doesn't seem like it should be a problem for the FI TEAM.

Archived