I am doing an all old school build with 3 ppi powerclass amps. 1 pc250, 1 pc2100 1 pc450. The first Gen of the power class, the Grey ones. I also have an audio control 2xs from the mid 90s that I have used with great success on my 2 orion 2ntense dvc 12s powered by the pc250. I am using old q series mb quart components. I bought a 3rd 2ntense 12 that I plan on doing a custom fiberglass box in the rear quarter panel for. And building a 4th order bandpass that I can remove for when we go camping. The rig is mainly used for camping and exploring.  I decided to put all my old school gear in it as I haven't had a system since 2006. But I want to make it as low profile as possible but also be able to compete in the old school spl challenge.

My question is.. How do you guys think I should set this up? Since my subs are dvc 4 ohms and the ppis don't really like bridged lower than 4 ohms I am trying to figure out my layout. I do also have an old school punch 100dsm and a punch 400x4 transana. All period correct stuff. But I love how the ppis sound. I am thinking about picking up an audio control eqx as well. That way I at least have equal voltage to all the amps. My head unit is a copper chassis rfx 9400. It does put out 5 volts but I think I want the eq. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I did end up buying the eqx. The guy I bought it from turned out to be local to me. He was a custom installer at car toys for 12 years. He offered to help me with the install and the tuning. So I'm set there. Still want plans for a 4th order box for 2 of the 12s tho. 

Archived