Second Skin Audio

Low tuning = lower LPF setting?

Audiohz

So the question is with a box say tuned at 32hz is that bringing the over frequency range down to have top end lpf set at 50 to 60hz ? Box I have now has an sa10 right under 1.0 cubic foot tuned at 32 hz displacement probably has it about 34hz imo but when I set my lpf with my smd cc1 at 100hz to 125hz it sounds absolutely terrible. Once I try dropping down to 60 to 80 it gets a little better. Is this normal for 10’s ported?

why would you even think 100 to 125 hz would be a good lpf point for a sub? i usually don't set higher then 80 and never had really any problem with the sound at that frequency with any size i have used And  i usually port 33 to 34 hz ...  Are you sure you are setting everything right   And what doesnt sound right?

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

why would you even think 100 to 125 hz would be a good lpf point for a sub? i usually don't set higher then 80 and never had really any problem with the sound at that frequency with any size i have used And  i usually port 33 to 34 hz ...  Are you sure you are setting everything right   And what doesnt sound right?

I am using a dd1 and cc1 and going by the manuals.

100 is highest possibly accepted, not ideal. 125, is ridiculously high.

Only way I'd do 100 is at a 18db-24db slope.

I have my mid 6.5s at 80 up at 18db and sub 80 down at 12db.

Shoot for 80 down at 12db slope it'll get a bit higher than 80 through but not much

4 minutes ago, AaronT said:

100 is highest possibly accepted, not ideal. 125, is ridiculously high.

Only way I'd do 100 is at a 18db-24db slope.

I have my mid 6.5s at 80 up at 18db and sub 80 down at 12db.

Shoot for 80 down at 12db slope it'll get a bit higher than 80 through but not much

My slope is 24db . The subs are two sa10 rev 2 on a sundown saz 1200 set with the dd1 for -10db . The only way it sounds good to me and my Cousin that I’m tuning for is below 56hz. SSF set to 28hz . 

Archived