This might be dumb

So this may be a dumb question Im just trying to figure out my problem...I have a pioneer MVH-300ex headunit (2 star audio amps, 2 subs) so my problem is when I leave my car off for a day and go to start it up the battery is completely dead and I know it’s the amps draining them because if I take out the fuse on my power wire running to my amps my cars is fine for days, so I figured the remote wire must be wired into a constant 12v source (mind you I took this into a shop and had it done so it makes me very angry that this is a problem because I paid good money to have this done right and this isn’t the first problem I have found) so I popped out my head unit and this is what I see (pictures) the blue/white wire is from my head unit plug and is then connected to the stock adapter harness for my car and from there the purple wire is tied into that and that is the remote running to my amps, everything I’ve read and seen says that the blue/white stripe should be the remote wire so it looks correct, but then I see this other blue/white wire with a little tag that says “5.0v amp turn on” coming from the stock adapter harness and it’s not connected to anything, So my question is could the remote wire be attached to the wrong blue/white strip wire? I tried explaining as best as I could lol let me know if you have any questions.

E232513C-15C7-4A7F-B6F5-1771C0F7D6C8.jpeg

DBBCF222-1687-4B16-883E-C0B9A38724BB.jpeg

They have it wired correct, the purple to the amps & blue/white for possibly a maestro or Pac module, leave that 5v wire alone, it's for factory cameras.

You could try disconnecting the remote wires from the amps, if the problem goes away then pull out that module behind the stereo and see if it needs a firmware update, of course this would be after you make sure both amps respond to the remote wire, if they don't you might have an auto-turn on switch flipped somewhere.

3 hours ago, AaronT said:

I would imagine either blue striped could be used 

But here is the real question. "Are your amps turning off when you turn off your car"?

I’m pretty sure they’re off lol. Is there a special way to check if there off besides visually seeing they are off?

2 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

They have it wired correct, the purple to the amps & blue/white for possibly a maestro or Pac module, leave that 5v wire alone, it's for factory cameras.

You could try disconnecting the remote wires from the amps, if the problem goes away then pull out that module behind the stereo and see if it needs a firmware update, of course this would be after you make sure both amps respond to the remote wire, if they don't you might have an auto-turn on switch flipped somewhere.

Where would that auto-turn on switch be? A physical switch in the car? Or like on the radio?

• 1 month later...

Archived